Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to know exaclty what year 4Rnrs and Tacos share the axles we have in the FJ. Thanks

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Both

·
Premium Member
6,865 Posts
The Tacos rear wont be quite the same since it rides on leaf springs the 4runners should be a bolt on and that will be 05 and up I believe. As for the front I believe its is 05 and up on both 4 runner and taco.

But lets see if we can get some verification on that from some smarter people on the forum.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
I believe that the 03 and up 4Rs have the exact same axle and mounting points and the 05 and up Tacos have the same axle but with different suspension mounting locations!:bigthumb: Not sure about the front diffs, but they should be about the same!

·
Registered
371 Posts
The rear axle housing on the 05+ Tacomas the diff cover is deeper than the FJs. Thats one of the main differences I noticed, but I 'm sure there are other minor differences that are less obviouse. And of course the brackets as previously stated.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. What I am looking for are axles to carry as spares on the trail. I wont require an axle housing for the rear, just the axle itself, same for the front end.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bump

·
Premium Member
3,399 Posts
Here is what I could find on the fronts (includes CV boots)
43460-69105
Front drive axle - Drive axles - Axle shafts & joints - Outer cv joint
Outer cv joint, 4-runner - 4wd two piece housing 2003 - 2008
$360.85
And here is the rear
42311-60240
Universals & rear axle - Rear axle - Axle shafts
Axle shafts, 4-runner, all 2003 - 2008
$286.15

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So front and rear axles from 2003 to current on 4 Rnrs will work.
Very cool!

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Anyone purchased used axles from a junkyard that worked? I want them for trail spares.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I bought a spare front axle/CV assembly a year ago from these peeps. Not sure if the price is still the same, but I cannot see why not:

Hi Robert, Thanks for your inquiry. The axle assembly is $448.17, but with our onlinediscount your cost is only $309.86. We have set this up for you in ourspecial order section. If you are interested in ordering, just return towww.toyotapartspeople.com and click on "Special Orders" on the menu bar atthe top. Enter part number 43430-60060 and click on submit. The descriptionand price will carry over to the shopping cart automatically. From thispoint you can complete the order process normally. We look forward tohearing from you. Thanks,Scottwww.toyotapartspeople.com customer service team

1 - 12 of 12 Posts