Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Anyone know where can I get front recovery point for 2011 FJCruiser? any recommendation?
There’s a thread titled “Front recovery points under $100 a pair”. Here:

You can read all about my experience and see other’s opinions on the matter. If you do a search for “front recovery points” there’s more info 👍🏼

Dan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There’s a thread titled “Front recovery points under $100 a pair”. Here:

You can read all about my experience and see other’s opinions on the matter. If you do a search for “front recovery points” there’s more info 👍🏼

Dan
sorry for my ignorance for opening a new thread. I found also similar on Amazon - BBG4x4 Recovery Point for Toyota Prado 150 Series/Lexus GX460 / 5th Gen 4Runner/ FJ Cruiser
Is this recommended? or anything local for faster shipping? Shipping cost from Australia is high.

·
Registered
463 Posts
sorry for my ignorance for opening a new thread. I found also similar on Amazon - BBG4x4 Recovery Point for Toyota Prado 150 Series/Lexus GX460 / 5th Gen 4Runner/ FJ Cruiser
Is this recommended? or anything local for faster shipping? Shipping cost from Australia is high.
Good find @Fjgulinx ! Those look just like mine. I would assume that they're similar but hopefully better quality. The advantages of Amazon are fast shipping (and it's free according to the seller), and an awesome returns policy. And the price is pretty close to what I paid for mine. (y)(y)

These are more expensive [$165], but I like the design and have been thinking getting a set.
Wow! I looked at the Apex Overland ones linked by @Uncharted , but at the time they were about $200 - about double the price I paid. At the current $165, they're just 25% more than the Amazon Chinisium ones. It seems like the better bet since they're made and sold by a company that deals in other off-road gear. It instills confidence, right?

Anyway, it really comes down to how you plan to use your truck. I didn't really mind taking a chance on the quality of mine since I'm not a hardcore off-roader and I don't plan on going anywhere I can't walk out of. I will be surprised if I use them more than once or twice in the lifetime of my rig. On the other hand, if I was planning to tear it up on Moab and try to keep up with the big dogs on this site, I would've got the ARB bumper and the 12klb winch :p:p

Best of luck. Be sure to post your results (y)

Dan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info.

A friend has just told me, he purchased the same recovery points but for his GX460 from the company website directly. He ordered on Monday and received his item in the mail today! :oops:
He got it with 30% OFF deal for Black Friday. That is really in my budget now ... 🙂

I will upload some pics how this goes.

-Jay

·
Registered
205 Posts
Just FYI. The Apex won't work if you have an aftermarket bumper with extra side bracing. It may work if you have have a lift and swaybar spacer but I still had an issue lining up the holes. So no go for me. I have the U S Off Road bumper without recovery points so if I keep the bumper I will be adding those.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts