Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys ive been looking around online but cant find what im looking for
i have an 08 BD and was wondering what are the size for the front door panel speakers. i went to crutchfield and they said they were 6 1/2 and i know their not because when i bought some 6 1/2 and opened my door panel they did not fit. so i had to fabricate a housing. anyone know the right size?
6x9? or idk? thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
They are 6x9 with built-in mounting brackets.

·
Registered
961 Posts
There are a couple of articles here that discuss building your own adapter to mount speakers in the doors. There are also a couple of vendors on ebay selling 6x9 adapters for the doors..
HTH.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay wait something just hit me how many speaker are there on the FJ?
i know the two tweeters on the dash
two on the door panels two on the roof
and if it came with the option the two towers in the back and a sub.
am i right or is there a speaker inside the dash, cuz i saw a pic on google
of a speaker inside the dash! it looked OEM bt idk. .
im totally dumb founded right now!

·
Registered
189 Posts
There are really only 4 (or 6 with the option package) speakers on the FJ from the factory. The two "speakers" in the roof are actually transducers that IMO aren't effective at all. Same goes for the back speakers by the rear cargo door (if you have them). They are too far away from the driver to add much -- maybe a little presence, but that's it.

I chose to focus on my front stage and installed component speakers: 6.5" woofers down low in the doors, 3" mid-range in the factory dash locations and tweeters in a new location on the doors near the sideview mirrors. That setup, combined with a sub in the back, has been great.

Some other members of the forum have added speakers in the walls near the backseat but I didn't feel that was necessary for my setup. In fact, too much sound coming from behind my head would throw off the staging that my components provide.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts