Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
'07 FJC
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at some 5100 series Bilsteins for leaking OEM shock/struts. I had very good luck with Eibachs in previous vehicle rework. Are the FJ crowd having any problems with Eibach? Are they the right way to go or is OME making all the right moves for FJ front end suspensions? If Eibach, which set-up is the best application; Tacoma or 4Runner springs?

Cheers mates,
G

·
Registered
'07 FJC
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is going to be my daughter's high school and mall cruiser. I want to remain stock as much as possible for now. Heard the Bilstein are the way to go but also heard replacing the fully built assembly is the best option. Wheeler's prices look good for the 5100 series build and I'm leaning towards the Tacoma over the 4Runner springs to save money. Is the 4Runner spring more progressive thus, more expensive? My daughter isn't going to notice and the reason for the swap is a leaking right front strut cartridge.

Cheers mates,
G

·
Registered
489 Posts
I would just put the 5100s with the stock springs. They last forever and are fine for trails and certainly ok for everyday use. The ride will be vastly better with just 4 new Bilsteins. If you're gonna add weight or do serious offroad you would upgrade coilovers and the rest of the suspension.

Reactions: Eighteen11R

·
Registered
353 Posts
I agree with 63Reverb. The previous owner of my Cruiser had 5100's with factory springs up front. Very decent ride and I would recommend this setup for your daughter. Ride height adjustment can be slightly different for each vehicle. I would set the spring perch on the 2nd notch from the bottom, adding a bit more height.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts