Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone;

I have a Lifted, 2008 FJ 4x4 and the Front Sway Bar "may be" just touching Rt Frt Coil Over. I do Not know what the Lift Height is on this rig. I believe the Lift is an: OMU Lift Kit, as the rear springs still have the OME tags attached. I am guessing the lift is either a 2" or a 3". (I bought this rig 11/2 years ago with No History Records)

*I am just checking to see if what I am looking at, "the front sway bar position to the rt frt coil over", is Normal with this Lift? (I measured the front sway bar, it is: approx. 29" in diameter, I don't know if this is the Stock Front Sway Bar or if it is an Aftermarket Sway Bar)

1st pic - Left Front
2nd pic- Right Front (please ignore the spring compressor)
3rd pic - Left Front "Close-Up"
4th pic - my FJ 4x4

Thank You

Attachments

·
Admin
6,582 Posts
Easy enough fix.... just relocate the bar forward a bit....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Easy enough fix.... just relocate the bar forward a bit....

I have the: 07 - 09

I guess I can Assume that using these to relocate the sway bar Forward, that I can still use the sway bar Links that are currently installed? or do I need a different pair of Links along with these Brackets?

·
Admin
6,582 Posts
You simply unbolt the sway bar.... bolt on the relocation brackets.... then bolt the sway bar back, now into the new relocated holes (if I remember correctly.... )

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Make sure the sway bar is centered on the frame first.

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
5,755 Posts
Looks like a spring compressor tool has been left on your passenger side coil. That’s not good if your driving around with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s amazing - saw it and wondered what I was ... OP you’re really lucky it didn’t come loose on the highway as it could’ve cause a bit of destruction! Any idea who installed the coilover?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That’s amazing - saw it and wondered what I was ... OP you’re really lucky it didn’t come loose on the highway as it could’ve cause a bit of destruction! Any idea who installed the coilover?

I'll go ahead nd answer this one...

My fj has a: Full OME Lift (I don't know the height of the lift) installed on it and leans on the driver side about an inch lower than the right side.

I decided to try these Spring Compressors just to see what would happen. Here are my Results from having the Spring Compressors installed for about 15 months and 22,000 miles now with No Problems Whatsoever: …..

There are 2 spring compressors installed on the Rt RR Spring, one spring compressor installed on the LT RR Spring and one spring compressor installed on the RT FRT Spring (I had to cut 1 spring hook off of the top double hook and cut one spring hook off the bottom double hook for this one to fit correctly on the FRT Spring)
This cost me 2 pair of Spring Compressors off of eBay (approx. $30 including shipping) and a bunch of my personal time experimenting with it to see if it would work as I had imagined that it might.

My fj has been sitting Dead On Level ever since I installed these, got the heights correct, and got the spring compressor on the front spring to Fir Correctly. No squeaking and no rubbing anywhere. I DO check them from time to time to make sure the spring compressors haven't moved or slid around on the springs. Once again... I have had these installed for 15 months and 22,000 miles with 0 problems. When I fill up the 19 gallon fuel tank, the height stays the same on both sides of the rig.

*My measurements from the ground to the bottom of the stock fender flare (at the center of the wheel) are:
LT FRT - 37.25" RT FRT - 37.25" LT RR - 38" RR - 38"
The tires are Stock Height - Nitto Grappler G2's

I don't Off Road this rig at all other than Sand Camping at the Dunes.

I typed this up in case it might be to useful.

(I add 2 pics of this FJ that I took of it about 1 week ago.)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
You would be much better off adding a spacer to the drivers side to take out the lean . The Spring compressor deal is NOT a good thing .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts