Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day,

Figured I would detail the construction of the sliding SB links that I use and possibly enable others to follow and build their own if they choose.
There are several versions out n about, not saying this method is best or better... just one of the options.
I reckon you could make these yourself for under $100.
This sliding link is all metric, but it would be simple to make it to SAE spec, and might be easier to obtain supply of the parts locally.

Attached is a simple written over view of the sliding link deconstructed with the parts listed etc.... and a picture

hope it helps.

cheers
Baz
:blueblob:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,417 Posts
Nicely done.

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,150 Posts
It's great you did this - I get asked all the time for a parts list to make the discos :rocker:

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Nice links Baz.

Am I the only one that when reading Baz's post reads it with voice in my head that sounds like Paul Hogan in Crocodile Dundee? :wink

with the use of "out n about" and "reckon" i cant read it any other way.

"That's not a link"..."now this is a link"....says Baz as he pulls out his fully adjustable homemade sway bar link with heim joints.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Thanks for sharing @bazross. I was going to post something similar with the pictures that I already took, but yours is complete with instructions :smile: Here's pictures of another set just in case you can't find all parts baz listed.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm surprised they were not color corrected. Looks great
:rofl::rofl:
I did consider Smurfing them......
But sliding metal n paint doesn't work well....
:lol:

but as I am rebuilding them, with a few tweaks.... you just never know how they will turn out.... :wink:

Cheers
Baz

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,150 Posts
:rofl::rofl:
I did consider Smurfing them......
But sliding metal n paint doesn't work well....
:lol:

but as I am rebuilding them, with a few tweaks.... you just never know how they will turn out.... :wink:

Cheers
Baz
Yes - do it!!:blueblob:

·
Registered
201 Posts
We've become huge fans of sliding disconnects! We got ours from Mike but they look just like yours. One difference is the brass slider. Ours is steel and much smaller. One advantage I see is the smaller sleeve will give a little bit more range of motion but, with ours after long periods of being in water they tend to squeak while they go up and down. Maybe the softer brass would eliminate that.
Thanks for the post my friend!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts