Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a General Service Bulletin out on leaking front timing covers for the 4 liter engines. I had my FJ in for the 30k check week before last and they informed me of it and sure enough, mine was leaking. So, you might want to check and see if yours is leaking.

Jim

·
Premium Member
8,329 Posts
I bet mine is too.....I get a vague 'warm oil' smell whenever I'm done with a long trip in the FJ.......I haven't found the source yet

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Thanks Jim. Just something else to look for while I'm under the rig. Just had my front left axle seal replaced Friday.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Thanks Jim

I bet mine is too.....I get a vague 'warm oil' smell whenever I'm done with a long trip in the FJ.......I haven't found the source yet
Yummmmmmmy! :lol: :lol:

I bet you get that "warm oil smell" in the fleet of series vehicles you're accumulating too. :cheers:

I had a Fiat 124 Spider as a first vehicle and got to know the smell very well. I got good enough to almost be able to tell what was leaking just from the smell.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts