Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently replaced the lower control arms on my 07 FJ and noticed that the upper on the driver side needed to be replaced (the arm actually broke away from the weld on the bushing). Anyhow, the bushing sleeve seems to be stuck on the upper so the bolt won't come out. Anyone know where in the world to get a new bolt or what kind/size bolt it is if it's just a standard bolt? I can't seem to find any information online at all. If I can find one to buy I'm just going to cut the old one and replace it.

Btw, thanks a lot Moog for sending me the wrong size rear cam bolts for the lowers, much appreciated (although after researching more I hear that's a common occurrence with that particular kit).

·
Registered
290 Posts
Are you talking about the super long bolt?

Moog makes decent stuff aside from their lower bolts. Both of my rearmost boots snapped upon OEM torque. Snapon calibrated torque wrench. Pay the extra for OEM, for anyone in the future that happens to read this.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
There are 2 different cam bolt kits. The early FJs had two sizes of bolts, where the later ones were both the same size.

Camburg sells these bolts. I bought a set along with new bushings for the control arms that I bought from a forum member.Mine came out easily, rust isn't a big problem in the New Mexico desert.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The website says that these are OEM parts.

Thank you! This is exactly what I'm looking for. Can't believe it's so hard to find somewhere that carries these. Did it take long to ship them to you? Just curious as some places I've ordered from that aren't big box stores have taken like 2 and 3 weeks to ship parts and I unfortunately can't wait that long.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Thank you! This is exactly what I'm looking for. Can't believe it's so hard to find somewhere that carries these. Did it take long to ship them to you? Just curious as some places I've ordered from that aren't big box stores have taken like 2 and 3 weeks to ship parts and I unfortunately can't wait that long.
My stuff was shipped quickly. I had in in 2-3 days. Also I checked an online Toyota parts site and they have them at $10 each.I don't know what the better option is for you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My stuff was shipped quickly. I had in in 2-3 days. Also I checked an online Toyota parts site and they have them at $10 each.I don't know what the better option is for you.
I'm going to check a couple of the local dealerships this weekend and if they dont carry them I'll get them from Camburg. I really appreciate it

·
Registered
451 Posts
I'm going to check a couple of the local dealerships this weekend and if they dont carry them I'll get them from Camburg. I really appreciate it
I replaced my upper arms with the Camburg balljoint version and ordered the frame bolts as well. It was all delivered pretty quickly and the bolts are exactly what you want.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts