Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Currently working with a company to try and get our fjs front window vents!
Screenshot_20200725-153707_Instagram.jpg

Is there anyone near Bohemia NY that would be willing to serve as a template? I would rather not have to make the drive as it's 6 hours.

If this is something that interests you reply and I can forward the information and get these in production.

I have no affiliation with the company and am getting nothing out of this except avalibility of a product I've been looking for.

Reactions: pbunyon

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
This restriction of vision when looking out the front side windows of the FJ has blind spot written all over it. Just crack the window down an inch or so for venting. This appears to be a horrible idea for the front side windows.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This restriction of vision when looking out the front side windows of the FJ has blind spot written all over it. Just crack the window down an inch or so for venting. This appears to be a horrible idea for the front side windows.
This is for sleeping inside the fj. It would be less than ideal for driving.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Be good for the dogs too I would think if you were less than excited to leave the window open while away from the fj. Is there any kind of a rough guess on price point?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Be good for the dogs too I would think if you were less than excited to leave the window open while away from the fj. Is there any kind of a rough guess on price point?
Still working out a design so no price point yet

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is there any kind of a rough guess on price point?
Just finished getting some measurements for him and this is his response to the price:
___
"So normally all of our window vents retail for $160 without mesh and $190 with mesh plus shipping. Although, these are probably going to be a little bigger than we normally do so I assume they may retail around $180 without mesh and $210 with mesh plus shipping ($15.75 for US residents). But, all preorders would get 20% off. So with the discount they would be $144 without mesh or $168 with mesh plus shipping."
____

I've managed to get around 15 potential buyers in a couple hours off facebook and insta so I don't see a reason why they won't be happening.

Only problem we ran into was the gap at the front of the window. In order to get it around an inch at the top the window has to be down around 4.7" measured from the middle. Actually around 4.625" front and 4.8" rear. If anything it means better airflow. I'm hoping these are made sturdy enough as to not cause a security issue, but if someone wants in your car they're gonna get in either way.

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
31,535 Posts
It looks like they build them for a bunch of different vehicles and several Toyotas. They have vents for the rear window at $105 and the side windows on all are $160 plus $30 for the mesh and $30 for the TRD. Rivets can be black, silver, or brass and it doesn't look like there's a charge on them. The FJ will probably be in the ballpark price wise.

Reactions: Hannibal

·
Premium Member
2,186 Posts
Another way to have fresh air camping in the summer is to take a roll of nylon screen material, staple some wood strips to each end and drape it over the truck so it hangs down over both open windows.

Maximum air flow, minimal cost, and very small storage space required.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Damn this is tempting
I'm not the biggest fan of facebook, but I just added everyone to a group chat who is interested in the preorder because that's what he uses. So if anyones interested pm me your facebook and I can add you. If not I get it I'm sure I can figure out a way to get you added to a list

Reactions: EWC2001

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good news. We have someone who's going to drop their fj off at the shop to build some vents. The pricing will be 20% off retail. So with the discount they are $144 without mesh or $168 with mesh plus shipping. Shipping in the US will be $15.75 flat rate

Taking preorders

·
Registered
4 Posts
Currently working with a company to try and get our fjs front window vents! View attachment 1135292

Is there anyone near Bohemia NY that would be willing to serve as a template? I would rather not have to make the drive as it's 6 hours.

If this is something that interests you reply and I can forward the information and get these in production.

I have no affiliation with the company and am getting nothing out of this except avalibility of a product I've been looking for.
Sounds like an interesting option for camping. Have you thought about getting some of the Rear Door Glass replacements that pop out or can be removed? Maybe that or making a Vent option 🤔?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts