Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
****SOLD!!!!!

Just put a set of the fake rock ring TRD wheels on my truck, and pulled these off. Not sure why, except I am kind of over the blacked out look on my particular truck.

Two rims have a bit of scuffing, shown in the pics, and I am about to sand and paint those out. Very minor, certainly not structural. Will show finished pics of those two when I am done. The color is a satin black teflon allegedly, according to Konig.

Rims were over $1000 new, for the set of five and are really well regarded as awesome higher speed wheels, being only 17# per rim, compared to the 28# I just measured on the TRD rims. It is well regarded that lighter rims are one of the first steps toward better fuel economy...

I live in El Cajon, just east of San Diego, and willing to ship (at buyers expense of course) anywhere, as they fit perfectly in the boxes I just bought mine out of.

$600. Looking to cash out soon to finish bumper mods and others. Will strongly consider trade for full aftermarket skid plate kit, or a used Roof Top Tent (RTT).

PM for details.

Wes

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wow... I was just looking at these today :rocker: Could you get me a total shipped to 31005? Thanks man.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow... I was just looking at these today :rocker: Could you get me a total shipped to 31005? Thanks man.
No... but you can. :D

They weigh about 20# per package, and will ship from 92020 in California. Five packages. Use your best shipping method.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
No... but you can. :D

They weigh about 20# per package, and will ship from 92020 in California. Five packages. Use your best shipping method.
It is cheaper if you tape some of those packages together. UPS has a limit of 150 pounds per package.

I figured about $20 per box to Iowa....$34 if you taped 2 together, $44 if you taped 3 together.

Someone needs to buy these...what a deal!

Doc

·
Registered
237 Posts
froggystyle,

some q's

1. did it fit without spacers? or if it did, how thick did you use

2. toyota lugs wont work, are you including the ones you used?

3. can you give me the dimension of the shipping box your going to use

4. are you refinishing all 5 or just touching up the 2 scuffed?

thanks man

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Nice deal!

Keeping you tire/wheel combo light is one of the keys to getting better mileage! 17lbs is really light for that size of wheel. I think my alloys are close to 30lbs as well.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
froggystyle,

some q's

1. did it fit without spacers? or if it did, how thick did you use

2. toyota lugs wont work, are you including the ones you used?

3. can you give me the dimension of the shipping box your going to use

4. are you refinishing all 5 or just touching up the 2 scuffed?

thanks man
1. No spacers used.
2. Nope, used my gorilla lugs on new wheels.
3. Approx 16x16x8"
4. Decided not to touch up. You can barely tell they were hit, and all I can really do is make it worse I think.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rims are still for sale folks... lots of tire kickers... no cash in hand yet.

Will sell them for $700 delivered in CONUS if that helps anyone out...

Also, I am headed out to Anza Borrego this weekend if anyone is going on the run, and wants to see them in person.

Regards,

Wes

1 - 12 of 12 Posts