Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FS: Donahoe Racing rear coils $130

i have a set of Donahoe Racing rear coil springs. In great condition. Approximately 8000 miles on coils. I am in Long Beach and would prefer local pickup. $130

Donahoe Racing
Rear Coil Spring
Part# 5-2700

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
do these work with the stock shocks and if so, how much lift does it give you?
They are 2.5" lift springs. You really don't want to run rear lift springs with stock rear shocks.

It makes for an extremely uncomfortable ride. (I did that for about 6 months.. shocks were always bottoming out everywhere, especially on speedbumps)

This is a great price and good chance to upgrade the rear shocks at the same time!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have DR coilovberws on the front and OME on the back. Would there be a benefit to having these? What is the difference? Thanks

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
I have DR coilovberws on the front and OME on the back. Would there be a benefit to having these? What is the difference? Thanks
What OME's do you have in the rear?

Stiff setup in the rear will cause you to break loose sooner/easier than with the donahoes. These will keep your rear end planted instead of whipping out.

This is a great price.. I would have already bought these but i just don't have the money $$$

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dominicG said it right. a simple way to look at the scenario is that DONAHOE designed the front coilovers to be matched to the DONAHOE rear coils (at least the specific spring rate of 218lb/in). after gathering all the OME spring rates..even the "medium" rear coils by OME (895's) are still a bit stiff coming in at 260lb/in. you can see the OME specs for rear coils below.

>>answer to your question is YES. You should have a more responsive rear end. more control.

OME-895 17mm x 160mm/115mm x 390mm - 6.75 coils - 5.6kg - 260lb/in (+1.18" +45%) --- "medium"
OME-895E
OME-896 18mm x 160mm/115mm x 390mm - 6.75 coils - 6.4kg - 318lb/in (+1.18" +75%) --- "heavy"
OME-897 19mm x 160mm/115mm x 390mm - 6.75 coils - 7.2kg - 387lb/in (+1.18" +115%) -- "Ultra heavy"

·
Registered
450 Posts
So these add an overall 2" lift to the rear?

·
Registered
57 Posts
but you won't shipp right

·
Registered
57 Posts
will you ship

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks for the input, very helpful. I do have the OME895 on the rear. If I went to the DR, would the lift be the same as the existing OME? Or higher?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the input, very helpful. I do have the OME895 on the rear. If I went to the DR, would the lift be the same as the existing OME? Or higher?
should be about the same lift in the rear. i'm guessing your in hermosa beach? if you want these..i can help you install. takes about 30-45 minutes total to get you current coils out and the new ones in. just need a floor jack. i have jack stands.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts