Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sold

Long story behind the case, but I purchased it from Inchworm and had to 4Lo gear set strip out on me at WTF last year (combination of Marlin & TGs in it). Jim at Inchworm wouldn't warrenty the case (even though it was within the warrenty period), so I worked with Marlin towards an alternate solution. I bought a 23 spline chromoly 4Lo gear set and upgraded the front output shaft to a 30spline chromoly as well.

I bought another Marlin case with the exact same configuration (30 Spline chromoly front and rear outputs, 23 splline chromoly 4Lo gear sets) to keep my FJ up and running while Marlin rebuilt the blue inchworm case. Anyways I'm now planning on selling the blue inchworm case which Marlin rebuilt...it has zero miles on it since the rebuild and has been sitting in my house since January. Had originally planned to use it as a spare, but am now going a different route.

Asking $2200 for the case & interface plate (tranny to transfercase).

Cost of ordering from Marlin direct.

Lefty Case (30 Spline chromoly rear output) with XD Gears: $2000
Chromoly 30 Spline Front Output: $245
Upgrade to Chromoly 23 Spline 4Lo: $150
Interface plate: $400
------------------------
Total: ~$2800.00

Savings of $600...currently Marlin's out of stock on the 23 Spline Chromoly gears and has no information on when they will be back in stock (been that was since last October). So this is one of the few cases that has them. Still at $200 cheaper than you can get a Marlin case with the lower grade gears.

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
Re: FS: Marlin/Inchworm Lefty Case (Chromoly Gears and more)

What do I need to hook this up to a stock 6 MT? Very Interested.

·
Premium Member
17,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

You'd need a different adapter plate (one for a V6 MT). I'm willing to sell the case without the AT adapter plate and adjust the price accordingly.

Both inchworm and marlin offer the V6 MT plates. ~$350-$400.

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts

Could you quote me shipping to 07753? I have to decide between that and possibly a local pick up by a friend in the Houston area that I won't get to see for a little while.

·
Premium Member
17,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Shipping would be around $95-$100 (I'll front the cost of a nice rubbermaide container to ship it in rather than sending in a huge cardboard box). Shipped my OEM FJ case to CA and it was $89 in shipping alone. The Lefty weighs a few pounds less, but the additional insurcance ($2000 vs. $400 that the FJ case was insured for) makes up the difference in the qoute.

·
Premium Member
17,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I think only 10-15 have been sold to date in the FJ community, so I'm not too surprised that it didn't pop right off the market (wish it would of tho haha). I'm sure it would if I lowered the price more, but its a great deal as is.

I think C5Drvr may take the Marlin case which is currently in my FJ (has the speed sensor which is needed for a MT). Spenser was interested in one of them as well, but I don't know that the timing will work out. Thats why I'm still looking to see if someone wants to take this case off my hands. Rather have cash in my hands (for a few more goodies) than the case sitting in a guest bedroom :lol:.

·
Premium Member
4,294 Posts

Seriously people! Low gear transfer cases are one of the best things you can do to improve your rock crawling abilities...and this one is bolt on and reinforced beyond the normal setup!!!!

Wake up and smell the opportunity!

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts

I'm in for one of "em. Which one is TBD. Probably the Marlin. But somebody SHOULD jump on this Lefty if Spencer doesn't.

It is basically a Lefty on 'roids.

Seriously! Look it up. It was mentioned in Baseballs Mitchell Report right after Mark McGuire and before Barry Bonds!!!

·
Premium Member
4,294 Posts

I'm in for one of "em. Which one is TBD. Probably the Marlin. But somebody SHOULD jump on this Lefty if Spencer doesn't.

It is basically a Lefty on 'roids.

Seriously! Look it up. It was mentioned in Baseballs Mitchell Report right after Mark McGuire and before Barry Bonds!!!
Congrats! I am interested to see how much better these hold up over the other Lefty models.

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts

I probably won't be jumping anytime soon but if I had the extra scratch I'd be all over it. Good luck with the sale Brian and C5drvr enjoy your case, it should make the FJ more of a beast offroad.
Thanks.:cheers: I hope you don't mind me jumping on the Marlin, only because it works better for my MT.

·
Registered
54 Posts

JFNewb, I sent you a PM.
Thanks,

·
Premium Member
129 Posts

Come on Brian. You are killing me. One of these were supposed to be available in a little while when I was ready!

Glad you are getting your build closer!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts