Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got new springs up front, old ones just sitting in the garage. They are off of an 07 with about 40k on them. Nothing wrong with them, just got a lift. $100 obo.
Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
2 Posts
Im interested. But curious if you know. Im in a 2005 4runner 2wd with the xreas and wanting to switch over to these and new struts. Im pretty sure these are the right year for what I need. Do you know if it matters 2wd vs 4wd?

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Im interested. But curious if you know. Im in a 2005 4runner 2wd with the xreas and wanting to switch over to these and new struts. Im pretty sure these are the right year for what I need. Do you know if it matters 2wd vs 4wd?
I don't know what xreas is.

But no, it doesn't not matter between 2wd and 4wd. The suspensions are the same. The 2005 4runner i drive for works suspension looks identical to my 4wd FJC.

I am not sure about the spring rate of the springs used on the FJ vs the 4Runner though. Most folks that swap a 4wd FJ suspension to a 2wd FJ get a slight lift in the front, so that the front is only slightly lower than the rear (almost level). This is because the 4wd springs are a little firmer for the added weight of the front diff, axles, DS, and transfer case.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts