Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
*****SOLD! Thanks for looking...*******

As soon as I got my FJ, I hated the stock rubbery, cheap interior, and don't fall for the durable gig either. So, after owning it about 20 minutes, I had all the seats re-covered in a dark charcoal vinyl on the edges and microfiber "suede" inserts in a nice light grey/silver color.

Loved the look, and get tons of compliments. It is so much nicer feeling, and unbelievably durable. I have a bad back though, and just dropped serious coin on some black leather Recaro seats for the rig, and so I am selling the ones I re-did.

Best case scenario is that someone buys the set for $600 (half of my cost to have done) and gives me back the stock back seat so I can have all black seats. I will more than likely get it covered in Katskin leather to match the front. As you can see from the pics, the back seat literally never gets sat in (no kids) and I have a cool cover I also had made for them so the dogs don't screw up the seats. I am keeping the cover unless other arrangements are made. The front drivers seat has a small scuff on the outside of the seat from an undetermined source. Been there for a while, and didn't notice when it happened. Shown in pics.

In a different case, I will sell just the fronts for $500. They include the factory air bags etc... The only thing I pirated was the seat belt attachment buckle, but it is a single 14mm bolt holding it on, so you can take them from yours. I don't want to trade, and the value of some plain stock seats is about $300 with the air bags, not on fleabay, which gets more.

Lastly, for $700 you take everything and I will find my own back seat.

Interested in a full set of high quality aftermarket skids too... so will keep that in mind for potential trades.

PM for details.

Wes

Attachments

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Re: FS: "Suede" Seats for FJ (Whole seats)

I don't know if there is any benefit to this sale but I will ask anyway.

I need a set of stock front seats (with the original covers) for my FJ40 project.

If there is a potential scenario or balance of trades that you end up with a set in decent condition...let me know, I am up for a trade or purchase.

Doc

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I don't know if there is any benefit to this sale but I will ask anyway.

I need a set of stock front seats (with the original covers) for my FJ40 project.

If there is a potential scenario or balance of trades that you end up with a set in decent condition...let me know, I am up for a trade or purchase.

Doc
Will do. Seems like it might work out, because I definitely don't want another set of seats taking up space in my garage getting old.

Stock seats in working shape are $300 no matter what. I personally think this is a steal for nicely upgraded seats.

On that note, I will be happy to sell just the front seats for $500. The back seat still looks better than stock, and if I want to build new covers in black leather to match, I can sell these covers...

·
Registered
3,510 Posts

Will do. Seems like it might work out, because I definitely don't want another set of seats taking up space in my garage getting old.

Stock seats in working shape are $300 no matter what. I personally think this is a steal for nicely upgraded seats.

On that note, I will be happy to sell just the front seats for $500. The back seat still looks better than stock, and if I want to build new covers in black leather to match, I can sell these covers...
I would snap up the upgraded seats in a heartbeat except for the fact that my FJ 40 will have a "matching" little passengers seat in the back that I bought from another member on the forum.

Question: Does the grey suede match the lighter grey plastic in the FJ?

Doc

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I would snap up the upgraded seats in a heartbeat except for the fact that my FJ 40 will have a "matching" little passengers seat in the back that I bought from another member on the forum.

Question: Does the grey suede match the lighter grey plastic in the FJ?

Doc
Matches really well. You can see in some of the pics.

When you say "passengers" seat... you mean the back seat? I could use that one if you want to swap.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts

No, this is a seat that is designed as a 3rd row seat for the FJC...but it should fit sweetly in my FJ40.

Doc

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Heading out to Anza Borrego this weekend if anyone wants me to bring the seats to check them out...

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

OK... these are starting to be a pain in my ass, and are going to end up damaged or dirty if they stay in the garage... or I get to move them every day.

Lets talk horse trading here folks... whaddya got that I would want for these?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts