Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All!

I Haven't posted in some time..Unfortunately, the cost of

fuel has made it very impractical to keep my beloved FJ..

Sold it and bought a commuter car. However, - Every time I see one

out there, I still can't take my eyes off it...Enjoy your FJs!

Paul

·
Kajun Kim
5,488 Posts
Sorry about that Paul. Good luck!!!

·
Kokopelli Moderator
3,236 Posts
Paul,
Sorry to see you go! I sacrifice in loads of other ways...I have switched to a Work From Home position to save on gas costs... no more eating out... very little in terms of entertainment. I am watching every one of my dollars. It has actually helped tremendously!

Good luck with watching your gas mileage...and all the passing FJs! You'll be back--mark my words!

:)

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Hi All!

I Haven't posted in some time..Unfortunately, the cost of

fuel has made it very impractical to keep my beloved FJ..

Sold it and bought a commuter car. However, - Every time I see one

out there, I still can't take my eyes of it...Enjoy your FJs!

Paul
You should of kept the FJ and bought a used honda for your daily commute.Thats my idea.

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I actually downgraded my ride from a 4runner to an FJ and consider it my fuel savings ride. I just could not get myself to buy a Prius, or compact car. I figure I spend around $60 more a month in gas in comparison to buying a Prius. I just cut by cable bill by $60 and enjoy the FJ. For me the extra cash is worth it. Good luck saving on your mileage

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
da------- the economy is making everything rough these days lucky for me mine is paid for so if it gets to bad ill just park it and use it only when necessary! going to get me a used car with good gas mileage in the future!

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Sorry to that, but maybe some time in the future you can buy an FJ again!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
839 Posts
My other ride is a 2000 Ford F350 crew cab long bed with a 4 inch lift pickup with a gas V10 engine. Gas was about $1.50 when I got it. Gas mileage in that makes the FJ look like a hybrid. My wife has been pestering me to get a smaller truck to save on gas so I took it in to Carmax to see what they would offer. $2500.... Geesh :boohoo: needless to say I can't take that hit cause that won't get me anything worth a flip.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Sorry it came to that! It is a sad sign of the times. I feel lucky to be able to drive the wife's Prius or my son's Yaris to work a couple of days a week. I am determined not to give up my FJ no matter what gas costs! It just looks, rides and tows the toys nicely. I will just have to get used to paying the higher gas costs and swapping cars with my family a but more.

Good luck and hopefully you can get another FJ in the future!

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Sorry for your loss, it was a good FJ, so full of life. I hear you on the escalating fuel costs. Fortunately my FJ is a second vehicle and stays home quite a bit now. It just cost me $150 in fuel for a weekend at the races this past weekend in my 4 cyl Tacoma. Things are getting rediculous.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
We have worked out a plan for such a situation. Due to the long commute gas is killing me. Sooo we are unloading the wifes old paid off exporer and getting a small commuter car. She will drive mine to work, only 5 miles and i will run the midget car. I am too upside down to see any benifit from selling the fj and i just put nittos on.
Good luck buddy!

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
Will sell when they pry the steering wheel from my hands. Park and buy a beater...wish I had my old Vega. It never needed a lot of gas just quarts of cheap oil.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts