Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have came across a lot of threads of people complaining about hot difficult it is to fill an fj cruiser with fuel because the pumps click off always.

I got tired of mine. it was really bad. so bad that even at 1/4 speed, it would click off. I was ready to sell my vehicle before it got frozen out. My friend with a low mileage 07 has the same issue but not as bad. He, and all the threads i found online said it was a filler neck design flaw.

It is not! (at least as far as i am concerned. maybe with really fast gas pumps it could be)

I had Evap system codes. I pulled out the canister, blew it out while lightly tapping a hammer to it. Then i checked the operation of the valve and the vacuum pump. It was clean and working perfect.

I then noticed on the driver side beside the EVAP canister, a line running out of the canister to a tank breather. Turns out it is a filter. one that was very plugged. I took it out and blew it out while again, tapping it with a hammer. Over a pound of dust came out. No more codes and i can fill my fj at max speed and it will not click off anymore.

·
Registered
35 Posts
You don't happen to have photo of this mystery filter, do you? My FJ started doing this late last month, no codes yet, but it's driving me crazy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts