Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Toyota lists a new part number for the fuel filler neck starting May 2012.
No one else seems to know what the change was.

I’m wondering if anyone here is aware of this or knows what the changeover was.

I’ve asked Toyota at the dealer level parts and service and searched around for the answer quite extensively online.

I have some ideas about the filler but I’m trying to get some facts.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is anyone here using the MAF Aux tank on a late 2012-2014?

MAF uses a modified FFN in their kit but the rep I emailed wasn’t aware of a differentiated part # for those years.

Anyone?

·
Registered
425 Posts
I can't speak for Toyota but Harley Davidson will alter a part number simply due to a change in the manufacturer supplying the part.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi bazross yea the part#’s are 77201-35800 and 77201-35840 pre and post respectively

·
Premium Member
11,064 Posts
New to the format but the answer is 77201-35800 and 77201-35840 pre and post 5/2012 respectively
g'Day Mate,
Thanks for the parts numbers....
I can't see any difference between the two parts, and I can't see any sub notes as to what or why the last 5 digits changed.
This usually means there was a production change in line ....where a part is swapped into production at a given date, to differentiate it. The header 77201, remains the same....
There are actually 3 or 4 different sub numbers, for different regions and engines and transmissions, would could also be why the sub number changes.... but its the same part.... :lol:
As long as you have a single tank model, either GSJ10 or GSJ15...its the same filler pipe....
But I can't tell you why..... just the mysteries of Yoda ..... these ARE the pipe droids you are looking for.....

Cheers
Baz
:blueblob:

·
Premium Member
2,494 Posts
Bazross is correct.

Only one component had a change with the new part number, the Breather Tube.
The breather tube sub-component supplier was probably changed (as there was no shape change, or coating change).

The new part number was adopted from '14, so really only applied to non-US destination vehicles, but either one ought to be usable for any FJ!

N

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
g'Day Mate,
Thanks for the parts numbers....
I can't see any difference between the two parts, and I can't see any sub notes as to what or why the last 5 digits changed.
This usually means there was a production change in line ....where a part is swapped into production at a given date, to differentiate it. The header 77201, remains the same....
There are actually 3 or 4 different sub numbers, for different regions and engines and transmissions, would could also be why the sub number changes.... but its the same part.... :lol:
As long as you have a single tank model, either GSJ10 or GSJ15...its the same filler pipe....
But I can't tell you why..... just the mysteries of Yoda ..... these ARE the pipe droids you are looking for.....

Cheers
Baz
:blueblob:
Bazross is correct.

Only one component had a change with the new part number, the Breather Tube.
The breather tube sub-component supplier was probably changed (as there was no shape change, or coating change).

The new part number was adopted from '14, so really only applied to non-US destination vehicles, but either one ought to be usable for any FJ!

N
Awesome guys thank you. Life saver . I wish I would have asked here first !

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now I’m just faced with the choice of whether to buy an 07, 90k mi salvage one or buy a new Spectra Premium, aftermarket.
Both around $100.
Anyone have an opinion as to which is a smarter purchase?
I’m leaning toward aftermarket.

Anyone have experience with this?

·
Premium Member
2,494 Posts
whichever you buy, paint it before you install it (parts like this come in primer, which rusts less when coated with a topcoat of paint)

Other than rust, there's no wear involved, so the used one should be good as new, regardless of miles. Just get off any rust it may have on it and paint.

N

1 - 12 of 12 Posts