Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 2wd FJ
where is fuel filter located? I am about to hit 40k miles and wanted to change it out. Having new tires put on tomorrow and going to do the brakes and figured I would do that also.

thanks

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
It is inside the fuel tank.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yup, it is inside the fuel tank, only accessible from the top of the tank. It's a sock at the bottom of the fuel intake line, about three inches long and an inch wide. It shouldn't need to be changed out like the old inline fuel filters unless you get some really, really nasty gas.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nope no nasty gas, just doing some maint on it and figured I would change filter. Guess I don't need to

thanks

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Is there really a fuel filter in the tank?????

From my understanding there is a fuel filter in the engine bay on drivers side up high. I've changed this in the past so this is the only filter I'm aware of.

I checked at a local parts store to see if theres a filter inside the tank and we concluded there was not looking at the diagrams. I see the assembly with fuel pump but nothing looking like a filter. Does anyone have a part no for the filter in the tank???

I'd like to replace the filter as we have crap gas stations.

I have 2008 A/T 4x4 if that makes any difference.

EDIT: A bit more searching and I see ppl have had similar issues. Lack of power etc and in the end it is the fuel filter INSIDE the tank. So I will remove mine and take it from there. Update to follow...
Its already covered nicely here.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am in the middle of replacing my fuel pump and I am having a ***** of a time getting the evap line removed from the top of the tank. The pinch and shove or shove an pinch method just isn't working, Any iedas? I am hanging in the garage trying to get that damn thing disconnected, but no luck so far...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts