Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
I'm going in today. I will ask what is actually replaced and what the actual fuel pump part number is and total cost.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Dealer was almost a week late getting the kit in - finally got it done today.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Dealer called on 7/23, fuel pump is available, goes into shop on Thursday

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine went in a week ago. They broke a Evaporative line which is on a nation wide backorder. None to be found. Estimated return date is August 18.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Mine went in a week ago. They broke a Evaporative line which is on a nation wide backorder. None to be found. Estimated return date is August 18.
I wonder how they managed to do that? Is the line near the gas tank? My appointment is coming up and the dealer says all they have to do is drop the tank. I asked him if I needed to remove any of my skid plates, RCI engine, transmission and transfer case. He didn't think so.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I wonder how they managed to do that? Is the line near the gas tank? My appointment is coming up and the dealer says all they have to do is drop the tank. I asked him if I needed to remove any of my skid plates, RCI engine, transmission and transfer case. He didn't think so.
No idea. I just got the phone call it’s messed up. I need to go by and see if they let me look at it.

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
" Is the line near the gas tank?"

the vapor recovery line goes from the tank to the charcoal canister, and it must be disconnected, along with the fuel lines, in order to remove the tank

those joints are plastic clip on connectors with o-rings in them, I suspect that something cracked in one of the joints requiring the replacement, it happens

·
Registered
241 Posts
" Is the line near the gas tank?"

the vapor recovery line goes from the tank to the charcoal canister, and it must be disconnected, along with the fuel lines, in order to remove the tank

those joints are plastic clip on connectors with o-rings in them, I suspect that something cracked in one of the joints requiring the replacement, it happens
Thank you. Hopefully it won't be an issue for me. Can you tell me if the battery needs to be disconnected for this procedure? My SPod has a specific sequence for connecting/disconnecting from power. Might disconnect it from battery before I bring it in just in case.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts