Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I spent my day yesterday finishing up the Blue Sea fuse box installation along with the radio and GPS install. All I am waiting on now is the light bar and I'll be done for a while. I didn't photograph the entire step by step because there are so many good ones already here, but I did at least want to share the finished photos.

(ok so if you can make out the writing on the box in the seat, it doesn't indeed say "Pedro's second hand adult toys". Kind of a practical joke between me and a work buddy of mine.

I did run extra audio cables to both radios. I am in the process of designing a cheap audio mixer circuit that will allow me to run the audio from both radios into door mounted 4 inch speakers. That may be a while before I complete it, but I'll let you all know how it works out.

I had to hard wire an additional lighter socket under the dash. This is one of the Garmin's that has the traffic receiver, so I didn't want to dissect the plug.

Bandi with the 4 ft Firestick, spring, and quick disconnect.

Radios are all tuned up and ready to go! All in all with the fuse block installation this took about 8 hours. I did find that the Fire Ring coax was about 3 feet too short, so I had to add a connector just behind the switch panel to add the extra coax. Not a big issue, but just in case someone runs into that, it is an easy fix.

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Looking good. :cheers:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Looks great, can you please show some pics of the additional cig lighter charger setup for the GPS?

I have the same unit and would like to see how you wired that up.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Can you still open your top glove box w/ the Garmin mounted there? Also, did you use the mounting disc that came w/ the unit? I have the same one is why I ask.
-Greg

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys!

Jay: I'll see if I can get a photo now that it is all tucked away. I just bought a $5 lighter plug at Autozone and ran it to a 2.5A fuse in the Blue sea box. I zip tied the plug to the frame underneath the dash and then zip tied all the extra wiring from the GPS just above that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts