-1 old BMW Windshield wiper for motor
-4 KC Hilites
-4 H.I.Ds 8000k 35 watts

My OLD Man helping me out :)

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Very cool!
Warrior products has a flip up/down light bar that I was considering but you had to flip it up/down manually.
Had it been similar to this I would have scooped it up.

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
That is freeking sweeeeetttttt. At first I thought they were going to move side to side and thought what a nut. LOL But this is very usable especially with my garage height,, Awesome work dude!!

You probably already know this but if rains some lights are built with specific drainage holes and plugs depending on the light being mounted up or up side down. Did you think about that when it rains?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ivan 70 , nono Fj , ozark guy thanks guys
fj &TJ_Dude absolutely right...these pvc pipes and that garage Door made me fabricate this

Cheers

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
very cool. I've been planning something similar using a linear actuator. Props to you.

I'm curious to see how they perform offroad. My main concern was that they'd be bouncing all over the place.
well i have fitted it with two limit switches working in a way that if they move switch will close current will pass and it will go to it's proper position

plus the motor's internaly connected to multiple gears wich convert high speed ,to.... low speed high torque resulting in a natural Braking system

It's prettty hard to mannually move it(even by hand) :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Very nice... one question how are you getting water out of that thing?

·
Premium Member
4,294 Posts
Very cool!
Warrior products has a flip up/down light bar that I was considering but you had to flip it up/down manually.
Had it been similar to this I would have scooped it up.
You might check out Lucrums lights. They move side to side and retract remotely, I believe.

EDIT: should have read through the thread. FJNewb (above) beat me to the punch.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Very nice! Those lights came up fast. I didn't know wiper motors are that strong.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Good work. Not for me though. I do like how you used a wiper motor, thats exactly what I would have gone for if I would have done it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts