Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed some of the recent FJ coverage has shown variations on the "brushed" (painted) metal bumpers--------Some have those cheese stamped Star Wars looking crap on them and some are modest and plain-----The one that ran the Con. didn't have them and neither did the Blue one at SEMA. Maybe they thought Burk might just laugh at them and say something like, "ya right......this isn't a computer game, I can't take that thing out there."--------???

Do we have a yes or no on this tacky subject or am I just going to tare both bumpers off?

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Trainwreck said:
Front & Back??------I really like the ones from SEMA--------how much $ for those??
Nothing offical yet. The numbers I got from ARB (unoffical) are about $800ish for the front plus shipping (which is a lot) plus install (if you don't do it yourself. Didn't ask about the back. I owe them a call anyway, I'll let you all know what I find out.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I'm thinking the "cheese stamped Star Wars looking crap" isn't going to make it into production. The styling cues of which you speak seem to be on the earliest non-functional models, like the SEMA green one, but none later. I don't think we've seen a photo of a "driveable" FJC with your CSSWLC on it. Unfortunately I think some of the interior styling cues fall into this category too, like the subwoofer housing and the silver plastic that frames the front dash on either side. I'm looking forward to more photos from the LA and Detroit autoshows of what might possibly be the actual production interior.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Most of the bumper/bull bar companies don't plan on releasing anything until mid-summer at the earliest. I might have to have a welder take a look at this beastie and see what he can come up with. I've been impressed with a lot of the stuff that individuals create. I am rarely impressed with corporate productions.

Individuals seem to put a little more attention to detail into their own projects. Maybe we can come up with something that won't cost an arm and a leg to build.

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
The cheezy star wars bumpers were replaced with similar shaped ones without the cross hatch on the FJ's at the LA Auto Show. They are just decorative since one of them fell off! looking at the place where it should be, these accents are hollow silver painted pieces of plastic held into place with about 6 plastic tabs. I think if you bump into it with your leg it'll fall right off! (hope they modify this on shipping FJ's)

T

1 - 10 of 10 Posts