Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure what happened...I've had to issues. One when I took my headliner out my lights wouldn't come on...fixed that by popping open the first dome light and checking the wiring (it was lose) today I was trying to install a new super thin Oznium light and because they decided to give me every connector BUT the one I needed I had to pry the bulb in there with a flat head....now, I had the rear one in fine and it was working, when I started doing this on the front one the rear light went out...so this can either mean A. A fuse blew when the metal touched the dome light metal, or B. the wiring is wrong...It's easier to check the fuse, so what fuse would it be?

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
Not sure what happened...I've had to issues. One when I took my headliner out my lights wouldn't come on...fixed that by popping open the first dome light and checking the wiring (it was lose) today I was trying to install a new super thin Oznium light and because they decided to give me every connector BUT the one I needed I had to pry the bulb in there with a flat head....now, I had the rear one in fine and it was working, when I started doing this on the front one the rear light went out...so this can either mean A. A fuse blew when the metal touched the dome light metal, or B. the wiring is wrong...It's easier to check the fuse, so what fuse would it be?
There is a relay for this as well...

Both are labeled DOME under the hood (fuse and relay) if I recall.

Mine still aren't working for whatever reason and I haven't stooped to returning to a dealer yet... but I am close.

·
Banned
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fixed it, ty for the help Fjoel it was the fuse :p, sadly, found out ONE Oznium Super-Thin Flex like was bad...only half the lights light up, but the other one is HELLA brighter than my previous square ozinum leds, called Oznium and they said they'd ship a new one out to me asap :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Check fuse 16. Under the hood. See owner's manual.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts