Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all you anti-gun, Obama supporters! How are you?

SO

I turn on l'air de conditioning. And the revs don't pull. There's no clankiddy clank clank sound from l'engine, nothing. Silence. Silence and the satisfaction of beautiful, warm air.

At 26,900 miles? Really?

Hello Dealer.

Everyone was quite nice.

After an hour a quiet man emerged and said, "Well, there's an issue with your air conditioning."

I felt like a mother in the hospital.

"Will he be ok? Is he in any pain?"

"Well, we need you to bring 'em in one day when you can leave 'em overnight. I can fill 'em up with fluid x and then fluid y and then the machine will take an hour and a half and blah blah, I know you're confused but I'm gonna keep on talkin b/c it makes sense to me and maybe one or two other people with encyclopedia brains."

"Oh."

"Yeap. Have a good day now!"

And on my way out, just to taunt me:

I do not own a cooler. I am not moving forward.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Air - I was looking to see if there was a question in your post. So I'll assume you were perplexed and are searching what to do next.

Is it safe to presume this quiet little man was not offering to perform this service under warranty?

I might suggest that you get a second opinion from a shop (other than Toyota) that routinely services AC on all makes of vehicles. Toyota doesn't have a corner on the market for Air conditioning, or the non-flourocarbon compression fluid that comes in your FJ Cruiser. Getting a recharge of AC or AC repair by a non-Toyota shop will not negatively impact your 36,000 mile vehicle warranty, unless the dealer is offering to fix it and back charge Toyota for the work.

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Air - I was looking to see if there was a question in your post. So I'll assume you were perplexed and are searching what to do next.

Is it safe to presume this quiet little man was not offering to perform this service under warranty?

I might suggest that you get a second opinion from a shop (other than Toyota) that routinely services AC on all makes of vehicles. Toyota doesn't have a corner on the market for Air conditioning, or the non-flourocarbon compression fluid that comes in your FJ Cruiser. Getting a recharge of AC or AC repair by a non-Toyota shop will not negatively impact your 36,000 mile vehicle warranty, unless the dealer is offering to fix it and back charge Toyota for the work.

segnor kansas... did you notice that we both posted at 8.18? it's fate. i knew it.

thank you for your help.

yeah, i'm just not sure when i can leave futoshi overnight. both for his fear of the dark and separation anxiety, as well as my not being able to function without him.

and there's also a "slap in le face" element to this: 27,000 miles and something breaks? bah!

"The FJ is built in the same factory as Lexus blah blah blah." Oh is it? Well why doesn't it parallel park on its own then?

love you kansas! i mean, i love kansas. i mean... missouri compromise... i mean, Kansas was named after the Kansa tribe, who inhabited the area. The tribe's name (natively kką:ze) is often said to mean "people of the wind."

You are my person of the wind.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Holy Humpin' Hannah Montana!! WTF???? How can you not own a cooler???

·
Banned
2,364 Posts
Holy Humpin' Hannah Montana!! WTF???? How can you not own a cooler???
Air, x2 on your need for getting a cooler. In the absence of air conditioning, you could set it on the passenger seat (do a search for how to disable the air bag/seat belt chime...) and place your right and into some cool refreshing ice while you're driving. :clap: Plus, I hear that they're great for keeping food and beverages cool as well!

Alternatively, you could buy one of these (below) and hang it from your window - it runs on solar power, thereby decreasing your carbon footprint!

Auto Cool - Auto Cool Vent Solar Powered Fan As Seen On TV

No matter, you are upset only because of your behavioral response of expectation. When you previously got into your FJ and turned on the switch, you were rewarded with cool air. Hence, you previously had air classical conditioning... Would you PLEASE steal that poster and send it too me? :D

Good luck!

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Air, x2 on your need for getting a cooler. In the absence of air conditioning, you could set it on the passenger seat (do a search for how to disable the air bag/seat belt chime...) and place your right and into some cool refreshing ice while you're driving. :clap: Plus, I hear that they're great for keeping food and beverages cool as well!

Alternatively, you could buy one of these (below) and hang it from your window - it runs on solar power, thereby decreasing your carbon footprint!

Auto Cool - Auto Cool Vent Solar Powered Fan As Seen On TV

No matter, you are upset only because of your behavioral response of expectation. When you previously got into your FJ and turned on the switch, you were rewarded with cool air. Hence, you previously had air classical conditioning... Would you PLEASE steal that poster and send it too me? :D

Good luck!

see, this is what i don't get with you and the whole obama thing, segnor Crotalor.

you seem genuinely funny and nice. I'd go so far as to say that we have a similar sense of humor and thus our views on many things. And yet... so off. I dont get it.

but yes, i will purchase some ice and fill futoshi up from sub to winch.

·
Banned
2,364 Posts
see, this is what i don't get with you and the whole obama thing, segnor Crotalor.

you seem genuinely funny and nice. I'd go so far as to say that we have a similar sense of humor and thus our views on many things. And yet... so off. I dont get it.

but yes, i will purchase some ice and fill futoshi up from sub to winch.
:) :cheers:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts