Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
March 10,2007

Thx KDL,
I used your spreadsheet to order my FJC last night in Seattle. I paid $2620 below MSRP (and $1450 above invoice). The most useful things during negotiations and finalizing were the handy configuration codes, and your 9 notes of 'additional dealer requirements and cautions for the buyers'- these notes left me with a sense of security that I had asked all that I needed to ask, and validation that I got a good deal and made a great choice!

The sales manager was about to leave some codes blank on the order form, and even inputted 2 incorrectly, until I read them off to him from your spreadsheet.
The only additional dealer fee was a $35 doc fee.

You da man!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hey KLD...I am a spreadsheet "junkie" and make a living doing business models/forecasts and business plans as part of my "troubled company" consulting business. You are da man! :) Great and very helpful model.

Question...are the MSRP #s and the dealer cost #s current?...I noticed your message is dated a bit?

Thanks again...Tom R in Two Harbors, Minnesota

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I installed a later version of the pricing program this morning (in the first post of this thread). Actually the program was updated on Jan 7, which was the last time the base pricing of the three models was increased. As stated near the bottom of that post, I am having difficulty verifying Invoice pricing of options and accessories.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I think I have a little clarification to add to the list. Also, this is from "National" configuration, which basically includes the western half of the U.S. Gulf and Southeast may be different.

The auxiliary lights can be ordered either "brush guard mounted" or "bumper mounted."
• 3A bumper mounted auxiliary lights: invoice $320/msrp $475
• 3B brush guard mounted auxiliary lights: invoice $240/msrp $360

And the brush guard pricing is
• F0-1 brush guard: $425/msrp $640

·
Registered
473 Posts
With all due respect to the OP Kansas Law Dog, an excel spreadsheet of this information can quickly become out of date. I think the tips in the spreadsheet are fantastic, especially "9. Be on guard until you drive off - Finance Guy is the Dealer's last chance to get your wallet."

Prospective buyers should check this spreadsheet out. It gives a great overview of options, and has some great tips. For last minute options pricing, check out nadaguides.com.

I'm slightly obsessive-compulsive, and normally love spreadsheets. But the car options change by season and location, so it's best to check the web for the most up-to-date info. Again, I can see a lot of work went into that spreadsheet Kansas Law Dog, I don't mean any offense.

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
Great Spreadsheet KLD, Outstanding!...I love doing these types of sheets myself, very helpful, I just ran across it today, I wish had it to months ago. I see a lot of work went into this, thanks again!

·
Registered
574 Posts
I nominate KLD for President, CEO, and pretty much everything else for this forum....even though he doesn't have an FJ Yet. Can you imagine the stuff we'll see when he does get one....wait a minute, I think there's about 11 thousand members here, if we pitch in 3 bucks each we could hook him up.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Truman, thanks for the complement. However, I purchase my Silver 4x4 FJ (5-speed automatic) on October 12, 2006. Mine was ordered (and received) with CQ (base package) and DL (rear locker), and port options (1) hitch receiver, (2) roof rack, and (3) security system. I had purchased an ATRAC switch in July 2006 and installed it immediately. Also, purchased TRD wheels (thru TRDSource.com) and had my local tire guy mount Bridgestone AT Dueler Revos. Wife's vehicle needed new shoes and the stock 265R70/17's fit prefectly. So I still have the 17" steel wheels in the garage. The FJ is truly a great vehicle.

Hence, now that I have one, researching the lastest prices for options and accessories has fallen lower on my radar screen.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Kansas Law Dog,

thanks for the spreadsheet, it was INTEGRAL in understanding what I wanted and how much to pay for it. We outsiders may not have good information on dealer holdback and other mysterous fees, but the spreadsheet help me stay on course. Some dealers quoted me MSRP to the T from your spreadsheet, so I am confident I got a great deal for what I did pay.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Kansas Law dog,

Awesome work! I should have found this forum a lot earlier before our FJ purchase but out of curiosity, I decided to try it out with the current prices to see if we got a good deal. Your SS basically matched what I offered the dealership.

I am so relieved! :)

21 - 32 of 32 Posts