Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
177 Posts

Who says hybrids have to be as boring as reading the end user license agreement that comes with computer software?

Sure, Toyota may build the Prius, unquestionably the world’s most famous gasoline-electric vehicle, but that doesn’t mean every hybrid has to be dynamically drowsy and laser-focused on fuel efficiency.

Making its world debut at the 2017 Los Angeles Auto Show, the Future Toyota Adventure Concept (FT-AC for short) weds handsomely aggressive styling to a number of innovative features, creating an attractive vehicle that proves hybrids can actually be zesty.

This outdoorsy crossover-utility is aimed squarely at active folks that love getting out in nature. With an elevated ride height and pumped-up fenders, it looks ready to tackle some of the roughest trails, or if nothing else, a washboard dirt road.

Read more about the Future Toyota Adventure Concept a Hybrid Off-Roader at AutoGuide.com.

·
Registered
123 Posts
1) Where are the door handles?
2) Removable side mirror cameras and removable fog lights = how much to replace each time they are stolen
3) Why not invest in an FJ second gen?

·
トヨタ Master
6,865 Posts

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
29,108 Posts
1) Where are the door handles?
2) Removable side mirror cameras and removable fog lights = how much to replace each time they are stolen
3) Why not invest in an FJ second gen?
Answers:

1) They were already stolen.
2) Lots, but look on the bright side, just think how annoyed the thief will be when you keep activating them from your cell phone.
3) Because people would complain and find fault with them just like they do now.

·
トヨタ Master
6,865 Posts
Pontiac Aztek? Matrix core?

·
トヨタ Master
6,865 Posts
"Unibody" is not going to be tough enough for hard 4WD use...
Yeah, cuz you never see a Jeep XJ on a rock crawling course! >:D

4skinner! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
Surprisingly, I like it. I like that form factor. We had a new 2013 Honday CR-V for only two years because it was a steaming pile. Looks like Chevy may also have an interesting cross-vehicle now.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Yeah, cuz you never see a Jeep XJ on a rock crawling course! >:D

4skinner! :rofl::rofl::rofl:
the thought of doing serious rock crawling in a XJ scares me. i remeber in my old xj with 250K on the body i swear i could feel and hear the unibody flex when going over a couple of ruts and washed out sections of road. one would think you would want a better starting point but i guess you build what you have sometimes

·
Premium Member
728 Posts

·
トヨタ Master
6,865 Posts

·
Premium Member
728 Posts

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
29,108 Posts
It's an adventure vehicle. You climb in through the window. Geez.........kids these days......ya gotta teach them everything......even when they build a vehicle just for them......

or you kick one of the big silver buttons under the door and it opens. >:D

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts

Hmmm... pretty, pretty, pretty close.
Looked at a cross trek this summer and the HU for the stereo was identical to my Tundra’s. I know Subaru and Toyota had teamed up on a few different projects a few years ago but this is way too close.

·
トヨタ Master
6,865 Posts
It's an adventure vehicle. You climb in through the window. Geez.........kids these days......ya gotta teach them everything......even when they build a vehicle just for them......

or you kick one of the big silver buttons under the door and it opens. >:D

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Looks a lot like the new Cherokee. Which looks a lot like an Isuzu Vehicross from 18 years ago.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I’m not sure what kind of adventure they expect people to have with that thing. I can see a pile of first adventurers having to use roadside assistance on their first misguided “adventure” .
@BIGGUY ..damn your comments make me laugh hard! This place wouldn’t be the same without you.

Sent from my NiPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts