Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Vendor
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I modified the URD Mk3 FJ Cruiser Supercharger kit to fit the 4th Gen 4Runner.

Just thought I would post some pictures of my 4th Gen:

The rest of the vehicle is completely stock except for the Pioneer in dash Navi.

G

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Nice! 150hp, do you see the same amount of gain on the FJ?

·
Vendor
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I will try to find the files and put that together for you.

While you are waiting here is a torque chart from the Tacoma kit. It was using the smaller C38-71 supercharger, not the larger C38-81 that we are using now.

As you can see the torque curve is very flat and very impressive. The -81 roughly increases everything by about 10%.

G

·
Premium Member
17,639 Posts
Thanks - I ended up coming across a good deal locally on a TRD and went that route (bit easier for me to fit in the engine bay with the current stuff in there), but ordered a 2.825" pulley from you guys a few weeks back. I was going to run the X1 as APR said they'd have one to sell me in mid July, but that's yet to come to fruition.

How has MAP3 been working out on the 1GR so far? Would you be able to provide a plug and play harness for an 08FJC? I'm now considering that route or ProEFI as alternatives. Fully understand that neither of those have quite the same autotune/adaptivity of the X1, but thats not a deal breaker for me.

Thoughts and feedback would be appreciated.

·
Vendor
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
We have ECU harnesses for all the FJs prior to 2010.

The MAP-ECU3 is a very simple system to install and tune. I have been knocking out complete tunes in 15-30 minutes with it.

URD Supercharged 2005 Toyota Tacoma 2.7L 4 cylinder (2TR-FE) - MAP-ECU Forum

There is one where I again doubled the stock power with one of my new supercharger kits. That tune only took 20 minutes.

G

1 - 9 of 9 Posts