Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Yes, I do live in Gallup and we are going to the Summit. Why what's cookin'. (Thanks for the intro Sean)

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I do live in Gallup and we are going to the Summit. Why what's cookin'. (Thanks for the intro Sean)
What day are you going? We are thinking about leaving AZ on Tuesday early evening and drive to Gallup. Spend the night and then leave from there early on Wednesday morning.

·
Registered
876 Posts
We are leaving Wed. morning also. Had planned to get out of here 8:30 ish, which should put us in Ouray by 2-2:30. If you'd like to make for a mini convoy, the time is flexible. Are you camping? Hoteling? Got kids?
We're in if you are. Cheers!

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We are leaving Wed. morning also. Had planned to get out of here 8:30 ish, which should put us in Ouray by 2-2:30. If you'd like to make for a mini convoy, the time is flexible. Are you camping? Hoteling? Got kids?
We're in if you are. Cheers!
Totally in!! We are going to stay at a cheapy hotel in Gallup off of the I-40, I need to book that today. We are traveling with a 7 year old and a 2 month old.......SO, we will be up early! :) BUT, 8:30 sounds like a good target time to get out of town! I'll PM you with the hotel and my phone number.

Are you traveling with kids/family?

HMMMMM Why would you be looking for some one in Gallup that is going to the Summit? HMMMM I wonder? HMMMMMMM:clap::cheers:
Shhhhhh............. :D :clap:

·
Registered
876 Posts
Yes, we've got a 6 year old girl and a turned 8 today boy and a four year old dog. We'll be pulling our camping/supply trailer. Just let me know what's up so we can meet up. What's with all the HMMMin" and punching? Something I should know about????

·
Registered
8,405 Posts
I live in Kirtland NM, between Farmington and Shiprock. I too will be heading out Wednesday AM. About 100 miles from Gallup to my place, hmmmm

Don't know if you were planning to go to Cortez and over to Durango, or come past my place on hiway 64, then up 170/140 to Durango? I will be towing a pop-up trailer and not setting any land speed records.

I could be up for joining in, if it's okay?

·
Registered
876 Posts
I live in Kirtland NM, between Farmington and Shiprock. I too will be heading out Wednesday AM. About 100 miles from Gallup to my place, hmmmm

Don't know if you were planning to go to Cortez and over to Durango, or come past my place on hiway 64, then up 170/140 to Durango? I will be towing a pop-up trailer and not setting any land speed records.

I could be up for joining in, if it's okay?
I have no problems with that. The Farmington/Durango route is relatively the same if not shorter than Cortez and it is more direct. Sounds like it's a go with Katfish coming through Gallup and if they are good with it I don't see why not. Don't think we could possibly miss you on 64, just need a time and place btween 10 and 10:30 I would guess. What say you Katfish?

·
Registered
8,405 Posts
Cool! I'm 1 block north of hwy 64. Easy to get here, or just meet across from the cafe a block from my house. The La Plata highway is a very good road, quite scenic too, and yes direct. Free to make a pit stop here if needed, also I have tools, air compressor, and welding equipment here if needed.

As we get closer to that day we can PM or I'll get you my cell #.

Are we there yet?

·
Registered
876 Posts
We're there. We can finalize the details a day or two before the 16th. We don't do the cell phone thing (brain cancer paranoids) so I'll let you guys mocrowave each other near the Kirtland rendevous point. I PMed [email protected] (Phoenix area FJer) who had previosly mentioned possibly coming through NW New Mexico on the 16th to see if she was up for joining us. Maybe we could come up with a name for our mini convoy and post it under the convoy thread. Maybe something like "The AZNM Border Convoy" or whatever. At any rate, it would have to be a better convoy than Demello's Hmmmmmm!:lol:

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We're there. We can finalize the details a day or two before the 16th. We don't do the cell phone thing (brain cancer paranoids) so I'll let you guys mocrowave each other near the Kirtland rendevous point. I PMed [email protected] (Phoenix area FJer) who had previosly mentioned possibly coming through NW New Mexico on the 16th to see if she was up for joining us. Maybe we could come up with a name for our mini convoy and post it under the convoy thread. Maybe something like "The AZNM Border Convoy" or whatever. At any rate, it would have to be a better convoy than Demello's Hmmmmmm!:lol:
Sounds good. Just let me know where you want to meet Wed morning. Gas station near the hotel maybe? :) 8am? :)

·
Registered
876 Posts
Well, that's at least three. Katfish, there is an Allsups/Phillips 66(7-11 type place) about a mile east of your motel on Route 66. We can meet there, or at a McDonnalds a couple of miles futher east near another Phillps station. You've got to go by them anyway to get to 491. For some reason they are the cheapest in town and gas is a dime or so cheaper than near your motel near the Interstate. We can then head 1 mile east to 491 for the trip north to meet Rotorhed1. I'll PM you my local#. We'll be up early, but we still need to use a bull whip on the kids to herd them into action and we have to do a little backtracking to get to you. How 'bout 8:15, 8:20?

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, that's at least three. Katfish, there is an Allsups/Phillips 66(7-11 type place) about a mile east of your motel on Route 66. We can meet there, or at a McDonnalds a couple of miles futher east near another Phillps station. You've got to go by them anyway to get to 491. For some reason they are the cheapest in town and gas is a dime or so cheaper than near your motel near the Interstate. We can then head 1 mile east to 491 for the trip north to meet Rotorhed1. I'll PM you my local#. We'll be up early, but we still need to use a bull whip on the kids to herd them into action and we have to do a little backtracking to get to you. How 'bout 8:15, 8:20?
The gas station sounds like a great meeting spot.....especially for gas that is a dime cheaper! :)

8:15-8:20 works great! ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts