Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading a couple of threads about drilling a hole in the side dash panel and taking apart the garage door opener and velco-ing to the under side. It got me to thinking that I would like my garage door opener off the sunvisor as well. In about 10 seconds I spotted a place for it. Pulled off the fuse door, slipped on the clip and put it back in place. Pretty cool and out of the way.

Same thing with the Garmin GPS. Ordered a clip mount ($12 on internet) that attaches to the air duct. Easy to use. Easy to remove and hide.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I was reading a couple of threads about drilling a hole in the side dash panel and taking apart the garage door opener and velco-ing to the under side. It got me to thinking that I would like my garage door opener off the sunvisor as well. In about 10 seconds I spotted a place for it. Pulled off the fuse door, slipped on the clip and put it back in place. Pretty cool and out of the way.

Same thing with the Garmin GPS. Ordered a clip mount ($12 on internet) that attaches to the air duct. Easy to use. Easy to remove and hide.
Id keep a eye on the Garmin with the AC at full blast. I put my Garmin in line of sight. It wont block my view at all , but if I look at it I can always keep my eyes on the road. If you gat box is full you can flip the suction mount and stick it to the top inside of the lid.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, the cold air will probably change all my directions to point towards Florida! Your idea is cool too. I could try that as well.

:cheers: dan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts