1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have been watching the 500 for some time on gps passion forum, it looks like a nice unit, But I still have not seen any post of an actual track screen or a track set up menu on the 500. This has allways been the short comming of the 660 I have when used for the trail. I use my 60csx to record the trail plots when wheeling. If it does not plot tracks a 200,255 or the like is a lot less money if you don't need the water resistance. just some thoughts.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yes I agree on the 100k maps, but if I pick up a paper map it does not tell me where I am, I have to figure it out and some time when driving just don't have the time to stop. By the way Above The Timber has really good 24K topo maps for garmin gps of Colorado and Utah, and Garmin is coming out with 24k on SD but will not be loadiable to computer.

·
Registered
478 Posts
FYI, Garmin's topos are only 1:100,000 scale, not near as useful on the trail as standard 1:24,000 paper topos. I have a Nuvi 660 (with Garmin topos) and it is better on-road than off.
Garmin has just released 1:24,000 topo maps for all the Pacific coast states on SD cards and is working on the rest of the country. They are compatible with most of the Nuvi units with some limitations.

·
Premium Member
8,285 Posts
Above The Timber has really good 24K topo maps for garmin gps of Colorado and Utah, and Garmin is coming out with 24k on SD but will not be loadiable to computer.
Garmin has just released 1:24,000 topo maps for all the Pacific coast states on SD cards and is working on the rest of the country. They are compatible with most of the Nuvi units with some limitations.

Great news; I anxiously await NM and TX in 1:24,000.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts