Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Need money for gas! Want to do a few trips before summer is over and money is tight. If you guys know any collectors or someone who is looking for a beautiful wall hanger, let me know. If you're really loaded (money) you could just go surf it.

Buy a classic for half it's value!
$1700.00
9' 10" x 23" x 4 7/8"​

Shaped by legendary San Diego big wave surfer Gary Linden. Gary has been building boards for over 30 years and has become a world renowned shaper of performance and vintage balsa wood surfboards.

This is a beautiful board that I have been proudly hanging as the center piece in my living room for the past 8 years. This board has no flaws and it is in 10+ condition. Constructed of solid plantation sourced Ecuadorian balsa and California redwood. Triple redwood stringers, redwood tail block and fin. This board is great looking, in perfect shape and needs no repairs. This board is a collectors item that is an incredible work of art. I took photographs inside and outside in an attempt to show the true beauty of this board but they still don't do it justice.

I will ship this board any where in the United States at buyers expense.

PM with any questions.

Link to Ebay listing for more super size photos.
Surfboard Custom Solid Balsa and Redwood Collectible - eBay (item 110274941896 end time Aug-04-08 14:33:29 PDT)

·
Registered
624 Posts
my gawd man...I am in awe of that board. FYI, I just forwarded this on to a shaper here on the East Coast that specializes in Custom Balsa Longboards. Check out his site, Balsa Bill Home Page and thank god there are some classic riders out there in FJ Land!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my gawd man...I am in awe of that board. FYI, I just forwarded this on to a shaper here on the East Coast that specializes in Custom Balsa Longboards. Check out his site, Balsa Bill Home Page and thank god there are some classic riders out there in FJ Land!
Nice website. I love the fins on the true classics. The pics of (Bill?) using the the jig saw at the beach are awesome! Thanks for forwarding the info.

Scott

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Oh my freaking DROOOOOOOOOL! I wish!!!!
One of my ambitions is to one day own a real Koa board, granted they are over a hundred pounds but to ride something like that would be so siik! One quote I kinda remember from Eddie Aikau was when he was reminicing about himself and his siblings carrying his dads board down to the beach, he said something like it resembled an awkward caterpillar with all the legs wobbling underneath.
Anyway, Sooo nice!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would surf it, i bet its a dream. Why buy something like this and not ride it!!

Cause I have 15 other boards and this one was bought as an investment. I really would have liked to surf it though, just once.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh my freaking DROOOOOOOOOL! I wish!!!!
One of my ambitions is to one day own a real Koa board, granted they are over a hundred pounds but to ride something like that would be so siik! One quote I kinda remember from Eddie Aikau was when he was reminicing about himself and his siblings carrying his dads board down to the beach, he said something like it resembled an awkward caterpillar with all the legs wobbling underneath.
Anyway, Sooo nice!
You met Eddie, your kinda young aren't you?

Anyway, thanks Mike.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't think he said he "met" Eddie A. he just quoted him.

Not arguing just another point of view.
Yeah maybe so, just that Mike is from the islands and that was a pretty descriptive quote. Mike will let us know.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Wow that is a beauty. I've got a Skip Frye wall hanger/investment. I surf it only when the surf gets 8'+ so my wall hanger gets used about once every winter. Your board is killer. Try craig's list too. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
624 Posts
Wow that is a beauty. I've got a Skip Frye wall hanger/investment. I surf it only when the surf gets 8'+ so my wall hanger gets used about once every winter. Your board is killer. Try craig's list too. :bigthumb:
I'd kill for 8'+ here in Mushburger state of FL...by the way, anyone see Slater ride that tube switch stance? Fricken guy is unbelievable.

·
Registered
171 Posts
My gawd that's beautiful!

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
You met Eddie, your kinda young aren't you?

Anyway, thanks Mike.
HAHAHA Nah from reading his book. Yeah He was way before my time but still an idol in my opinion.
Not to go too off topic, speaking of surf Idols, i was watching Dog the bounty hunter last week(I know, white trash comedy) and they arrested Buttons Kaluhiokalani. he was all tweaked out on meth and Heroin and livin in a van. So sad. He was like 90 pounds wet and looked like crap. talk about a fall from glory.:mecry:
Sorry back to the thread.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
HAHAHA Nah from reading his book. Yeah He was way before my time but still an idol in my opinion.
Not to go too off topic, speaking of surf Idols, i was watching Dog the bounty hunter last week(I know, white trash comedy) and they arrested Buttons Kaluhiokalani. he was all tweaked out on meth and Heroin and livin in a van. So sad. He was like 90 pounds wet and looked like crap. talk about a fall from glory.:mecry:
Sorry back to the thread.
Was that an old show? I think Buttons has made a come back and is tearing it up? Or fallen hard again. Him and Larry Bertleman were way ahead of there time!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts