Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody use their FJ to tow a boat? We have an 18 foot Triton bass boat. When we tow it, the FJ just GUZZLES gas. We are thinking about getting a used truck to tow the boat. Friends of ours who have full size pickups get better gas mileage than we do with the FJ when they tow their boats. Has anybody else experienced the ridiculous towing gas mielage? Any opinions on whether getting the pickup is a good financial move? Do you think it might have anything to do with the fact that our FJ is a manual?
Thanks,
Laura

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
depends on your speed, I noticed when towing mine, if I follow the speed limit rules for towing and do not drive 70 or 75 like a maniac it does ok, so driving easy when towing doesn't really bother me, I think any vehicle when towing is going to guzzle escpecially in wind and step hills. hope this helps. yesterday I made a trip without towing running average of 70 to 75 in mountains i ended up getting 327 miles out of a tank. I also recently added a K&N Air filter difference between night and Day. Really!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts