Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many thanks to all of you who I hassled with PM's in regards to wheels, lifts and tires. Here is the result of my searching:

I installed a 3" ToyTec lift with 18 x 9 Liquid Metal Gatlin wheels with a -10mm offset. I am running the Goodyear Duratracs in 295/65/18 with NO body mount chop although they do rub the plastic peice that covers the body mount at full turn of the wheel. I will be removing that piece and going from there.

Pic after just installing the Toyec lift by myself. Took about 5 hours...

Now the new shoes:

So far very happy with everything. I need to get an alignment done this week, throw a new rack on top so I can haul by surfboards around, and find a set of used running boards or nerf bars of somekind so my wife can get in the FJ.:lol:

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Nice! For some reason I like those wheels. Don't know why......Good job on the lift, too.

·
Registered
43 Posts
very nice. i just put the OME lift on my baby and am looking at some new shoes, interesting that you have minimal rubbing with the 295's. I'll look at those....

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Looks great, nice work! Just say "no" to "running boards or nerf bars" IMO. Put some decent sliders on that puppy.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Looks great! Glad you found what you were looking for. I'd strongly suggest not getting running boards or nerf bars for your wife... get some sliders that come off the body a little, your wife will have her step and you'll have some extra protection on the trail.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts