Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Anybody able to get the OEM foglights for the FJ cruiser? I would need the lights + all harness + button. My brother lives in Dammam, Saudi, but understands nothing about cars.

Wondering if any of you guys in the ME can help me out. I am in the USA< and we never got the bumper foglights here, and the AUX lights above bumper, area also all discontinued :(

·
Registered
2007 FJC 4x4.
9,856 Posts
They sell kits but they are not OEM. Not sure how useful this post is, but wanted to note, the aftermarket kits are junk. I am still running them, but the paint on them is failing, and the lights themselves all but melted. I replaced those with OEM 2016 Tacoma Fog lights.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They sell kits but they are not OEM. Not sure how useful this post is, but wanted to note, the aftermarket kits are junk. I am still running them, but the paint on them is failing, and the lights themselves all but melted. I replaced those with OEM 2016 Tacoma Fog lights.

Tacoma fog lights fit in those cut outs?

I wanted OEM, so that they weren't junk :)

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. I didn't know I can get them in a dealer in Japan. I willl be in Tokyo in May, and will see if I can bring it back then.

·
Registered
2007 FJC 4x4.
9,856 Posts
Tacoma fog lights fit in those cut outs?

I wanted OEM, so that they weren't junk :)

Most all Toyota fog lights are the same, so I am almost certain they are direct fit to the OEM bumper wings that look like these.

On my China-knockoffs they almost fit...had to slightly adjust, but the overall answer is yes...so now I have OEM fog lights that work like OEM fog lights, which is nice.

See how the crappy China ones started melting? You can also see how the mounting holes are a touch off. I had to trim those on the Taco fogs to fit my Chinese wings.

wee bit of trimming

if you get OEM wings, I am betting they would come with OEM fogs and thus be perfect. However, if you cannot source OEM, you can get a pair of Tacoma fogs for $40-50 as takeoffs.

The problem is it is not worth doing what I did. $200+ on the Chinese kit, then having to repaint them and spend money on Tacoma fog lights. Im probably $300 into this lol

This is the OEM kit sans wiring: https://www.ebay.com/p/Genuine-Toyota-FJ-Cruiser-07-14-OEM-Front-Bumper-Fog-Light-Kit-LH-RH-Pair/23006770257?iid=113695490793&chn=ps

·
Registered
168 Posts
Have you ordered from this outfit before?
Are they located in the US and order from Japan or are they located in Japan?
I noticed that they have the black pads with fog light accommodations.
I was going to work on getting pricing but am not sure of the story behind the company???

Thanks
Pat

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you kindly. I am going to check with a few GCC contacts next few days and in Tokyo to see what I can acquire.

Most all Toyota fog lights are the same, so I am almost certain they are direct fit to the OEM bumper wings that look like these.

On my China-knockoffs they almost fit...had to slightly adjust, but the overall answer is yes...so now I have OEM fog lights that work like OEM fog lights, which is nice.

See how the crappy China ones started melting? You can also see how the mounting holes are a touch off. I had to trim those on the Taco fogs to fit my Chinese wings.

wee bit of trimming

if you get OEM wings, I am betting they would come with OEM fogs and thus be perfect. However, if you cannot source OEM, you can get a pair of Tacoma fogs for $40-50 as takeoffs.

The problem is it is not worth doing what I did. $200+ on the Chinese kit, then having to repaint them and spend money on Tacoma fog lights. Im probably $300 into this lol

This is the OEM kit sans wiring: https://www.ebay.com/p/Genuine-Toyota-FJ-Cruiser-07-14-OEM-Front-Bumper-Fog-Light-Kit-LH-RH-Pair/23006770257?iid=113695490793&chn=ps

·
Registered
439 Posts
Have you ordered from this outfit before?
Are they located in the US and order from Japan or are they located in Japan?
I noticed that they have the black pads with fog light accommodations.
I was going to work on getting pricing but am not sure of the story behind the company???

Thanks
Pat
No, I've never order from them.
I posted that site for the parts diagrams / numbers.

Good Luck

·
Premium Member
11,019 Posts
G'Day,
Another option is to get them from this company.
https://www.amayama.com/en?v=1
Genuine Yoda parts.
Here is the parts list
RHS
52413-35040
52127-35140
52353-35010
81210-47010

LHS
52414-35030
52128-35130
52536-35010
81220-47010

I think that includes the harness end.... late model FJ's ... DU...have the harness in place to the connector - below the headlight...

Cheers
Baz
:blueblob:

·
Registered
168 Posts
I think that includes the harness end.... late model FJ's ... DU...have the harness in place to the connector - below the headlight...

Cheers
Baz
:blueblob:
That was going to be the next question was whether Iwashmycar found the factory plug on his rig or how he wired the lights?

The other question is the factory Tacoma lights, how bright are they and do they do a good job in fog?

Pat

·
Registered
2007 FJC 4x4.
9,856 Posts
That was going to be the next question was whether Iwashmycar found the factory plug on his rig or how he wired the lights?

The other question is the factory Tacoma lights, how bright are they and do they do a good job in fog?

Pat
I wired them to my own relay system and switch, so not factory whatsoever. Wired the relay to keyed power. I just leave the switch ON all the time and they come on and go off with the truck. Also can use my brights ect with them on, when factory driving lights typically switch off in that instance. They are basically my new DRLs since I unhooked the factory ones out of preference.

They are NOT technically fog lights, but driving lights. I guess being down lower they are sufficient for fog. There is a difference, as Toyota intended, but it really isnt THAT big of one compared to just headlights. a bit more side-of-the-road lighting from what I can tell.

Could mount some DOT approved Rigid or other lights and get way more light if that is the goal. I did it for ****s and giggles was all.

Another option might be to get the wings and then use one of the many aftermarket Tacoma lighting kits...like Baja Designs, Rigid (like on TRD PRO) ect to get a much more powerful light in a OEM housing.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would b happy to start with black wings with fog holes

Pat
I wired them to my own relay system and switch, so not factory whatsoever. Wired the relay to keyed power. I just leave the switch ON all the time and they come on and go off with the truck. Also can use my brights ect with them on, when factory driving lights typically switch off in that instance. They are basically my new DRLs since I unhooked the factory ones out of preference.

They are NOT technically fog lights, but driving lights. I guess being down lower they are sufficient for fog. There is a difference, as Toyota intended, but it really isnt THAT big of one compared to just headlights. a bit more side-of-the-road lighting from what I can tell.

Could mount some DOT approved Rigid or other lights and get way more light if that is the goal. I did it for ****s and giggles was all.

Another option might be to get the wings and then use one of the many aftermarket Tacoma lighting kits...like Baja Designs, Rigid (like on TRD PRO) ect to get a much more powerful light in a OEM housing.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I did it in my car> if you want to do all things Oem,, it will cost you a lot fro nothings.
I recommended you to only buy just the foglights+Pads with the switch only.

and make your own wirring. puls you can control the foglights as you like, instead of the stupid oem control (only work with the Low beam)

·
Desert Moderator
6,491 Posts
I've seen the aftermarket wings in a couple of places in Sharjah - they're junk.
Possibly contact the parts department at toyota.ae and they could point you in the right direction. Baz posted the parts numbers already and may be available from ebay or some other online store.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I did it in my car> if you want to do all things Oem,, it will cost you a lot fro nothings.
I recommended you to only buy just the foglights+Pads with the switch only.

and make your own wirring. puls you can control the foglights as you like, instead of the stupid oem control (only work with the Low beam)
i can get wiring here

Do yoi know price of lights and wings there?

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've seen the aftermarket wings in a couple of places in Sharjah - they're junk.
Possibly contact the parts department at toyota.ae and they could point you in the right direction. Baz posted the parts numbers already and may be available from ebay or some other online store.
thank you

I am having a friend in dammam check this weekend at his local dealer

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
G'Day,
Another option is to get them from this company.
https://www.amayama.com/en?v=1
Genuine Yoda parts.
Here is the parts list
RHS
52413-35040
52127-35140
52353-35010
81210-47010

LHS
52414-35030
52128-35130
52536-35010
81220-47010

Cheers
Baz
the bumper guard 52413-35040 you posted, for $55, does it have the fog hole? Can it be had black?

·
Registered
168 Posts
52414-35040 52414 Pad, Front Bumper Guard, Lh Prod date: 08 / 2014-01 / 2018 Models: GSJ15 Black color package, black paint QTY: 01
52413-35050 52413A Pad, Front Bumper Guard, Rh Prod date: 08 / 2014-01 / 2018 Models: GSJ15 Black color package, black paint QTY: 01

52128-35140 52128B Cover, Front Bumper Hole, Lh Prod date: 08 / 2014-01 / 2018 Models: GSJ15 Black color package, black paint QTY: 01
52127-35150 52127D Cover, Front Bumper Hole, Rh Prod date: 08 / 2014-01 / 2018 Models: GSJ15 Black color package, black paint QTY: 01

This is what I gleaned from Iwashmycar's links.

Pat

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
52414-35040 52414 Pad, Front Bumper Guard, Lh Prod date: 08 / 2014-01 / 2018 Models: GSJ15 Black color package, black paint QTY: 01
52413-35050 52413A Pad, Front Bumper Guard, Rh Prod date: 08 / 2014-01 / 2018 Models: GSJ15 Black color package, black paint QTY: 01

52128-35140 52128B Cover, Front Bumper Hole, Lh Prod date: 08 / 2014-01 / 2018 Models: GSJ15 Black color package, black paint QTY: 01
52127-35150 52127D Cover, Front Bumper Hole, Rh Prod date: 08 / 2014-01 / 2018 Models: GSJ15 Black color package, black paint QTY: 01

This is what I gleaned from Iwashmycar's links.

Pat
Thanks
So maybe i will order those see what arrives

1 - 20 of 56 Posts