Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day Folks,:wave:

After many years of waiting we are finally getting FJ here. So I'm still looking at the bloody counter @ FJ Cruiser: Home - 72 days left :clap:

I have pretty much decided on getting one although I'm still tossing between FJ and LC Prado but I love the way FJ looks and test drove one extensively in US.

"Killing" 3 Toyota's in the last 5 years - FJ seems like a natural choice for me.

Great Forum you have, and hope to catch up with some of you one day.

Eddie

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
Hey Ozi!

Ive been back and forth to Perth for the last few months with another trip around Feb. I was hoping to get my company to ship my rig down and play in the rocks there. You wont be disappointed for waiting although I wonder if it will come stock with the snorkle like so many other rigs do.

I would love to bring one of the Land Cruisers with the 4.2L Diesel engines back...

Cheers

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,491 Posts
Welcome to the FJ community!!!

Australian translation:

¡¡¡ʎʇıunɯɯoɔ ظɟ ǝɥʇ oʇ ǝɯoɔןǝʍ

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
WELCOME!:wave:

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Welcome Mate...Glad you finally have the option to buy the FJ in your continent!

Sad to see all that flooding going on! I think your fellow countymen will like them!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Ozi!

Ive been back and forth to Perth for the last few months with another trip around Feb. I was hoping to get my company to ship my rig down and play in the rocks there. You wont be disappointed for waiting although I wonder if it will come stock with the snorkle like so many other rigs do.

Hi Old Cruiser

Thanks for the warm welcome. :cheers: Funny though I have a job coming across Nullarbor.As I travel a lot for work I reckon ARB will be happy with all that $$$ I'm gonna leave it over there :lol:

AFAIK we are getting only one version. The US and the Aussie dollar are equal but there will be a major price difference. The info I got from "my dealer" is the car will come in at $45,990. When I was in CA last October I calculated that would cost me around US$29k for what we are getting here. We are getting the 4WD version, which starts at $26,880 in the US. On top of that, you have to pay $2,100 extra for the “convenience package” in the US, which includes things like cruise control and reverse camera, which we are getting included.

I would love to bring one of the Land Cruisers with the 4.2L Diesel engines back...

I reckon 4.5l V8 Diesel is much better... :king:

Cheers :cheers:

Ozi

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome Mate...Glad you finally have the option to buy the FJ in your continent!
TA Mate!

It took Toyota only 5 year to bring it here :cowfrown: IMHO it will be quite popular in the bush thanks to the sentiment we have towards FJ40. There is still plenty of them around.:clap:

Sad to see all that flooding going on! I think your fellow countymen will like them!
It is very sad :mecry: - our third largest city but look at the bright side - it could have been much worse.

****roaches will always survive ...

Fishing.

Maccas - drive through or boat through

CBD

·
Registered
77 Posts
You have plenty of time to take delivery, then put it on a boat to come join us at the FJ Summit! It would hold the distinction of being the only right hand FJ!

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Hello & Welcome! Sorry about all the flooding, great pics

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Welcome aboard! Those are some amazing pictures you've posted.
Thanks Bang Bang! It's only a few from many to come - I hope :thinkerg:

I use Toyota's for work all over Oz.
At the moment I have a Kluger - pardon you folks call "Highlander" :)

Bough it nearly a year ago and so far no issues. Before that I had two HiLux'es and really loved them. I really hope that FJ Cruiser will be a worry free motoring but time will show.

Cheers

Ozi

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You have plenty of time to take delivery, then put it on a boat to come join us at the FJ Summit! It would hold the distinction of being the only right hand FJ!
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Seems like a good idea:clap: What's the prize?

Last time I was in US I drove a Mustang - yeah I know like a w..y tourist :lol: I simply cannot understand why I took TMC so many years to make a proper RHD version. They are number one in sales in Oz - I know the numbers look small when you compare to US market - 200 k units a year but never the less they have 20% of the market :thinkerg:.

They are targeting to get 25% but the only way to grow is to introduce new models in every segment possible. Recently we have received Rukus - pardon Scion xB. You guys may be surprised but it is quite popular with baby boomers - circa 60 years old :lol:

Cheers
Ozi:cheers:

·
fka luvshisfj
2,069 Posts
Welcome aboard....and thank you for posting the pics! enjoyed looking at them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts