Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FJ has all the bells and whistles yet the gear ratio is still only 2.8:1 while the Jeep has a 4:1 gear ratio. I know toyota can do better. Furthermore, I don't understand for the life of me why a more powerful engine couldn't be put in the FJ. The X-Terra(fail) has a V6 engine as well, yet it is far superior to the FJ cruiser. If my memory serves me correctly the X-terra beats the FJ at the wheels in both HP and Torque by a little more than 20%. Correct me if I'm wrong. :clap:

·
Premium Member
8,309 Posts
There isn't enough space for a 4:1 chain driven case. Have you looked at how much room the 2.8:1 transfer case takes up. For a 4:1 the case has to physically get bigger...only other options are Atlas or Lefty cases.
+1, what he said.

IMO the stock FJC has more than enough power for wheeling - more than the front CV joints and rear diff can handle, if you're not careful.

·
Registered
34 Posts
the nissan engine ur speaking of is a vq40 4.0 dual cam yes it has a higher horepower rating but i cantell u this from actual vq40 owner, the vq40 is a good engine as far as durabilty but by no means is that engine more powerfull then a 1gr also mine was getting at most 13 mpg no matter how i drove it, the transmission logic is a joke it wont lock up the torque converter until 55mph the fjc is much lower i will never again own a vq40 powerd veh

1 - 5 of 5 Posts