Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gotta tell ya, I have a beautiful 2005 Tundra Access Cab, loaded, with an A.R.E. highrise cap that I owe less than $11k on. Be paid off in about 2.5 years. It is the perfect vehicle for my needs as we have a small "farmette" plus I do a lot of bike racing and I can easily and safely transport the bikes in the back. I just can't stop dreaming of buying one of these darn FJ's though. I don't know if it's a midlife crisis, trying to act like I'm 20 something again or what. I know if I buy one I'll love it but it won't be near as usefull as my Tundra for what I need in a vehicle. I hate myself! Betcha see me in one by next summer though :)

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
corbin said:
I gotta tell ya, I have a beautiful 2005 Tundra Access Cab, loaded, with an A.R.E. highrise cap that I owe less than $11k on. Be paid off in about 2.5 years. It is the perfect vehicle for my needs as we have a small "farmette" plus I do a lot of bike racing and I can easily and safely transport the bikes in the back. I just can't stop dreaming of buying one of these darn FJ's though. I don't know if it's a midlife crisis, trying to act like I'm 20 something again or what. I know if I buy one I'll love it but it won't be near as usefull as my Tundra for what I need in a vehicle. I hate myself! Betcha see me in one by next summer though :)
here's to midlife crisis'!!!! yea!!!! hahaha....a fun car is a fun car and you only live once.

·
Registered
99 Posts
go for it............your wife will understand.............i'm on my third mid-life crisis, if cars are the measuring stick

·
Registered
83 Posts
john.com said:
go for it............your wife will understand.............i'm on my third mid-life crisis, if cars are the measuring stick
Oh, that's not good... by that measure I'm on my 51st! :( Do they have a 12 step program for this? I'm haven't really reached mid-life yet.

Jason

·
Registered
13 Posts
corbin said:

I agree.
Life is very unpredictable. One could be driving to work in the morning and might never get to go home. If you want the FJ, go for it.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
midlifecrisis said:
I agree.
Life is very unpredictable. One could be driving to work in the morning and might never get to go home. If you want the FJ, go for it.
yea man, and if you buy it and dont want it - ill take it off your hands for you

·
Registered
378 Posts
caliFJ said:
a fun car is a fun car and you only live once.
I saw an old lady in the sporty scion the other day.... I know the Fj is marketed to the younger crowd, but that doesn't mean you can't be young at heart....you only live once and no one of us are getting any younger.

Anyway, you always here about men going through a midlife crisis all the time. My quesiton is, "is there anything wrong with that ?" I can't wait to hit my mid life crisis stage.
I'm 33 now and plan on having a little 18 year old on my side by the time I hit my midlife crisis.... Always good to plan ahead. :cool: I know I'm a little off topic, but my point is do what makes you feel good :D

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Corbin a little self loathing isn't such a bad thing. But don't let it get in your way.

"You're only as young as the woman you feel."

You can do like me and substitute FJC for woman if you want.

I gotta be careful guys. My daughters are starting to monitor this forum. They're worried about Dad.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
bubbahotep said:
I saw an old lady in the sporty scion the other day.... I know the Fj is marketed to the younger crowd, but that doesn't mean you can't be young at heart....you only live once and no one of us are getting any younger.

Anyway, you always here about men going through a midlife crisis all the time. My quesiton is, "is there anything wrong with that ?" I can't wait to hit my mid life crisis stage.
I'm 33 now and plan on having a little 18 year old on my side by the time I hit my midlife crisis.... Always good to plan ahead. :cool: I know I'm a little off topic, but my point is do what makes you feel good :D
got a tissue handy?

OH! :eek:

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I've already used my midlife crisis excuse on another new mountain bike. Now I need a new ride to carry the thing to the remotest places I can think of. Somehow, Moab, Utah keeps coming to mind. Not that it's too remote, but it sounds good anyway. I'm 57 and I'll be retiring soon. I need the FJC to help me get around while I run out the clock.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Don't need an excuse, remember, my wife is the one who flagged down Jordan!! She supports me 100% :D

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
EJR said:
Don't need an excuse, remember, my wife is the one who flagged down Jordan!! She supports me 100% :D
I'm with you, not much need for an excuse. Thus far I have 100% buy in to my latest obsession by my woman and her Dad!

So... when Dad and I are ridin' around in our FJ's we'll definitely think of all you poor souls who have to beg and plead. ;)

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Ernie Just Rocks, I hate to say this, but about that Jordan guy, well you might want to keep an eye on his website for the next week or so.

Just kidding of course of course of course...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts