Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many members have reported, there have been a lot of issues with previous generations of Lifetime LED headlight bulbs. I was one . . . I had issues with 1.0 and 1.5 :mecry:. Luckily Lifetime LED moved from NY to UT and I got my third set today and installed them.

Here's wishing for the best!

Now for the install!

Here is a shot of the light itself:

Light comes apart in 2 pieces:

This is how I installed it . . . start with the clip in piece first:

And install it:

Then make sure the reflector is up like the factory bulb:

Stick it through the grommet:

And install it by pressing it into the clip:

Now for the supply thingy:

Just simply connect it to the LED bulb:

Now plug into factory connector and let there be light!

Follow up by using a few zip ties and drink a beer! :cheers:

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
28,832 Posts
You must need one hell of a long extension cord to plug that power supply into...................or a generator in the back....

Looking good.

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where did you purchase your LED's from, cant seem to find a model that is specifically "Gen 2.0" on the lifetimeLED website.
Its their typical H4 bulb. They will only sell the newest version from here on out.

https://www.lifetimeledlights.com/led_lights/h4_9003_70w_headlight

Try @PureFJCruiser or @Red Dirt Offroad and support a vendor.

The pictures are not updated yet. Pure shows Gen 1.5 and Red Dirt shows Gen 1. I remember Red Dirt mentioning only the newest generation will be shipped when ordered.

http://www.purefjcruiser.com/led-lighting-c-15/h49003-70w-led-headlights-for-fj-cruiser-20072014-p-6080.html

https://www.reddirtoffroad.com/lifetime-led-lights-h4-9003-70w-headlight

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
$126 on sale at Red Dirt :) I might have to pull the trigger.... I hope that's gen 2 on sale?

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
Pulled the trigger @ Red Dirt Offroad :) $27 for ground shipping stings ... but no tax :)
Thanks for the write up with pictures @Ferby I needed that bit of confidence that the swap was easy and the results would be good.

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
Regardless of cost, I prefer the whiter color of the 5000k bulb ($127) over the blueish 6500k ($211). Hopefully the bulbs I bought are brighter than OEM. Plus, I have DRL and the 70w model doesn't recommend DRL.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Regardless of cost, I prefer the whiter color of the 5000k bulb ($127) over the blueish 6500k ($211). Hopefully the bulbs I bought are brighter than OEM. Plus, I have DRL and the 70w model doesn't recommend DRL.
My gen 1 & 1.5 weren't bluish, so I hope these aren't either.

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Let us know how those are over the 6500k. Post up some pics too.

·
Registered
476 Posts
As many members have reported, there have been a lot of issues with previous generations of Lifetime LED headlight bulbs. I was one . . . I had issues with 1.0 and 1.5 :mecry:. Luckily Lifetime LED moved from NY to UT and I got my third set today and installed them.

Here's wishing for the best!

Now for the install!

Here is a shot of the light itself:

Light comes apart in 2 pieces:

This is how I installed it . . . start with the clip in piece first:

And install it:

Then make sure the reflector is up like the factory bulb:

Stick it through the grommet:

And install it by pressing it into the clip:

Now for the supply thingy:

Just simply connect it to the LED bulb:

Now plug into factory connector and let there be light!

Follow up by using a few zip ties and drink a beer! :cheers:
Good write-up, but I want to add one thing: instead of sliding the dust boot onto the bulb and then installing the bulb, it is easier to install the boot right after installing the base & then the bulb slides right in.

The light pattern is definitely different than either of the others that I had. I still need some more drive time on them and I need to tweak the alignment.

One main difference is on the old bulbs when you put the high beam on, it was in addition to the low beam. The gen 2 turn off the low beam when the high beam is on just like on stock bulbs.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts