Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had the pleasure of spending Three and a Half hours at Cavendar Toyota in San Antonio in their Service Department waiting room. Let me preface this by saying I used to be a District Service Manager (DSM) for GM and am somewhat familiar with how the service side "ought" to go...

I forgot to mention, I had my two year old daughter with me...that makes this all the more special. They did not offer me a rental vehicle nor a ride to an alternate location...just wait. I asked, the reply was "...it shouldn't take too long." Sticking door on a Sienna (sorry for the off topic post).

Three and a half hours later; 210 minutes spent with a two year old that is (understandably so) not excited about hanging out in a waiting room...and not a single diaper station on premises...that was special too. Service Advisor comes out and says "....yeah, there is a TSB on this. There is no fix."

:flame::flame::flame::flame::flame:WTF?!?!?!!? :flame::flame::flame::flame::flame:

This is the FIRST thing they should have done; look for any published information regarding customer complaint. The TITLE of the TSB was my exact complaint. Didn't even touch my truck. Bastards.

Patiently waiting the CSI report.... Huge rant, I will chill now. Thanks for reading...

·
Premium Member
7,671 Posts
Oh my.... So sorry to hear 3 hours of wasted time :(

·
Registered
627 Posts
Yea thats toyota service for you. I had a three week battle last summer with the service manager of the local toyota joint when they lied about what toyota was covering on a wheel bearing claim. The dealer wanted to keep money in house so they fed me some story about Toyota only covering half my claim. Well that didn't add up to crap in the end. Got my wheel bearing but now a pay to local non-toyota dealer toyota repair place to do anything I can't do.

Toyota is this really what you want? Crappy service and pissed off customers.

·
Registered
491 Posts
where they busy that day? I know sometimes we get WAY backed up with up. just b.c. there is a TSB and it only takes 20 min to look up and come to that conclusion, doesn't mean it didnt take us two and half hours to get to the car. Thats the ONLY reason I can see it taking so long.

and we dont offer rental car unless your work is over a certain hour limit. We do have a shuttle though, if you live with in 10-12 miles.

also, is it your driver or passanger door thats sticking?

·
Registered
265 Posts
I was just passing through San Antonio headed to Nashville two Saturdays ago and needed 10k service. I had made an appointment by phone from Big Bend two days earlier at Red McCombs for 8am. And granted, it was about as simple a service stop as you can get, but they greeted me by name and asked how my trip was going (I was impressed) and had me out of there by 9.

That was a one time deal. Maybe I was lucky. I have no idea how Red McComb's compares with anyone else day in and day out. Sorry for your experience. I think I'd have shot someone if they'd essentially told me to get lost after three hours of waiting with a two year old!

TT

·
Registered
254 Posts
Its got to be a Karma thing :) associated with the GM DSM job.

I just had the pleasure of spending Three and a Half hours at Cavendar Toyota in San Antonio in their Service Department waiting room. Let me preface this by saying I used to be a District Service Manager (DSM) for GM and am somewhat familiar with how the service side "ought" to go...

I forgot to mention, I had my two year old daughter with me...that makes this all the more special. They did not offer me a rental vehicle nor a ride to an alternate location...just wait. I asked, the reply was "...it shouldn't take too long." Sticking door on a Sienna (sorry for the off topic post).

Three and a half hours later; 210 minutes spent with a two year old that is (understandably so) not excited about hanging out in a waiting room...and not a single diaper station on premises...that was special too. Service Advisor comes out and says "....yeah, there is a TSB on this. There is no fix."

:flame::flame::flame::flame::flame:WTF?!?!?!!? :flame::flame::flame::flame::flame:

This is the FIRST thing they should have done; look for any published information regarding customer complaint. The TITLE of the TSB was my exact complaint. Didn't even touch my truck. Bastards.

Patiently waiting the CSI report.... Huge rant, I will chill now. Thanks for reading...

It's

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
where they busy that day? I know sometimes we get WAY backed up with up. just b.c. there is a TSB and it only takes 20 min to look up and come to that conclusion, doesn't mean it didnt take us two and half hours to get to the car. Thats the ONLY reason I can see it taking so long.

and we dont offer rental car unless your work is over a certain hour limit. We do have a shuttle though, if you live with in 10-12 miles.

also, is it your driver or passanger door thats sticking?
Good point, but it didn't appear to be that busy. I counted two cars in the drive-up service lane in the time I was in there....other than three for oil changes. I, however, have no idea how busy they were before I showed up.

That isn't necessarily the point though. A good service writer (and technician for that matter) should either be aware of published TSB's and/or do a search on the customer complaint...something that tends to lend towards increased CSI scores. I sold service (and wrenched) to pay my way through college. I always made it a point to check them because it is also a way to piss off techs by sending crap through that they can't even bill Z-time for. Quite honestly, it probably would not have been as big a deal if my daughter was not with me and got really bored after two hours...and took a monster dump and there was no where to change a diaper.

I had asked if the I could be dropped off at the mall down the road, but was advised it wouldn't take near that long. I honestly didn't expect courtesy transportation unless it was in, overnight, for a warrantied repair...I may have spoken out in anger earlier about that.

The door that is doing it the most is the right door (passenger). Drives my wife nuts, I can live with it as I don't drive it very often...but contacted a buddy of mine that works at TMS in Torrance. Waiting to hear.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Good point, but it didn't appear to be that busy. I counted two cars in the drive-up service lane in the time I was in there....other than three for oil changes. I, however, have no idea how busy they were before I showed up.

That isn't necessarily the point though. A good service writer (and technician for that matter) should either be aware of published TSB's and/or do a search on the customer complaint...something that tends to lend towards increased CSI scores. I sold service (and wrenched) to pay my way through college. I always made it a point to check them because it is also a way to piss off techs by sending crap through that they can't even bill Z-time for. Quite honestly, it probably would not have been as big a deal if my daughter was not with me and got really bored after two hours...and took a monster dump and there was no where to change a diaper.

I had asked if the I could be dropped off at the mall down the road, but was advised it wouldn't take near that long. I honestly didn't expect courtesy transportation unless it was in, overnight, for a warrantied repair...I may have spoken out in anger earlier about that.

The door that is doing it the most is the right door (passenger). Drives my wife nuts, I can live with it as I don't drive it very often...but contacted a buddy of mine that works at TMS in Torrance. Waiting to hear.

I agree about techs knowing TSB's and all that...there are SO many of them, sometimes we dont know them ALL, granted, it sounds like you have a common issue with yours, which is the part of the door that the door check bolts to, the welds brake. Thus, requiring a body shop. They did extend the warranty on the TSB for this, something like 90k miles? (not positive on that) the service advisor should have known that though.

I read a lot of stuff on here, and if my self as a tech, or my service writer did some of the stuff I have read on here, we both would have been fired A LOOOOOONG time ago.

I am on Vacation up north, but when I get back to Texas, I can look up the TSB for you if you would like.

·
Registered
535 Posts
If it helps, I used to have an 08 Civic Si and I took it to Goodman Honda in Houston, TX to get only the oil changed nothing else. I wanted the Royal Purple synth oil. It took them 3.5 hours before my car went on the rack. At this point they told me their parts dept. was closed so they just put in regular oil. They asked me to come back the next day and they will put the royal purple in. I came back the next day for another 3 hour wait for just a drain and refill.

What the crap is so hard about an oil change?

I used to work at Don McGill Toyota in Houston and we had 30 minutes to changes the oil, top off fluids, check tire PSI, and cabin filter change if ordered.
We only had 4 oil racks.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
What did you take it in for? I think I missed that some where.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts