Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In the summer of 2009 I bought a used Sandy 2008 FJ.

She was a beauty and I quickly started to layout a Modification blueprint. I told myself, I wanted to have a rig like Amazing’s, Volhoo’s, Fjamming's "Genie" or the countless others on the forum….but then disaster struck…as I drove down Tustin Ave in Orange, a green glow caught my eye. That was it. I pulled into the dealer, parted with my 08 and drove home in my new Army green Rig. After several mods, I am low on cash but high on the love for my Rig!

General William Tecumseh Sherman…..

At the Dealer

I quickly began modifying. My first addition was the rock Sliders. I love DeMello and have stuck with them for all of my mods. I eventually got their bumper too. Jason is great!!!

Being an American History enthusiast….Nerd….I found it fitting to stick these decals. Thanks Amazing! I was inspired by the M4 tanks of WWII.

Next was the Icon Extended Travel suspension. Their UCAs are a thing of beauty. I love this system!!!!!

About a year ago I got Nitto Trail Grappler!!! I love them. They are a Mud Terrain, but they are not Loud!!!! I stand by Nittos claim of noise reduction technology.... whatever that means.... all I know is that they are not as loud as other Mud Terrain tires I have driven/ridden. Check them out!!!

I went with K & N because I love few extra MPG,HP…..and it sounds great! The reality is that K&N used my rig to build their new 2010 intake for the FJ. They had my FJ for about a month and hey gave me a rental. I also got to keep the air intake after it was ready for production. Great company!!! (Remember this is my Build page and I don’t want to debate CAI) ☺

Check out this install video.
2010 Toyota 4Runner and FJ Cruiser 4.0L Air Intake Installation Video

My Girlfriend got me my MPAC for my Birthday!! Best GF ever!

This summer I sold my Baja rack and went back to stock for a few months. When I saved enough for a new one I called John at Baja and he worked with me to “Customize” my accessories. The guys at Baja are amazing. They accommodated my requests on the mount specifications and worked with me on the shipping. I can’t say enough great things about these guys!!

I love the full mesh!

More to Come….. After I save some cash!

So...there I was thinking..."I Love my rig, but...something is missing" Then I saw that beautiful Cement TTs...I fell in love.
I present the USS Missouri. I need to practice saying "Missouri" with a southern draw...

New Build Page:
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/member-build-ups/166447-missouri.html#post2498358

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
Wow, impressive to say the least!

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Very nice rig.
The General looks awesome. Love the decals Amaesing made for you.
Looking forward to what you are going to do next.

:cheers:

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Nice rig. Any meaning behind "FJ-O709GK-2010"

Some of us are from Georgia and not so much a fan of Sherman.

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Very nice... love the theme.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Sweet truck! You should make the "kill" markings Jeep shaped and add a new one whenever you rescue another Jeep. :lol:

Have you been able to notice much difference behind the wheel the differences between the new engine and the old one?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice rig. Any meaning behind "FJ-O709GK-2010"
Some of us are from Georgia and not so much a fan of Sherman.
"FJ-0709GK-2010" is for the month and year my mom passed and when I met my GF.
Also, "Sherman" was inspired by the WWII tank and Historically General Sherman was.....ok...I have no response..., No disrespect to my southern bros. :cheers:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sweet truck! You should make the "kill" markings Jeep shaped and add a new one whenever you rescue another Jeep. :lol:

Have you been able to notice much difference behind the wheel the differences between the new engine and the old one?
Funny you brought up the Jeeps. I am leaning towards that. I think I might give Amaesing a call.
As far as the differences between my 2008 are minimal. I did feel a difference on the acceleration. Driving home from the dealer, I immediately noticed the increased HP. In addition, I love the fact that I get to use Regular unleaded. I do have to use 100% Synthetic oil.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I really love how you incorporated your personal passion into the FJ. It's classy, original and not over the top. Very well done sir.

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Very very nice!
A well done job. Thanks for posting the pics.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Thanks for sharing-looks great!
-Greg

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
For the record, I was messing with you about the Sherman/GA thing. Yes I am from GA, yes, I don't like what he did, but honestly as far as tactics go, I do like him. I feel like we should do more shock and aww, crush them fully type warfare today. Make the rest of the world know, you don't want to mess with us. But thats neither here nor there. Plus the M4 Sherman was a very large contributing factor to our success in WWII, so definitely can't hate there. Again, nice rig!

Also, you can use regular unleaded gas in all FJ Cruisers.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Love your truck... Army green is the way to go and the only other color I would choose over sandstorm...
Great name... History buff as well...

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Beautiful Sherm! Those UCA's are a thing of beauty! I can't wait for my DeMello single hoop, it was supposed to have been sent to PC today.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Looks great. I really like you hood decal. The entire rig looks tough.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts