Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to find some generic "bushwacker" style fender flares?? I've done alot of research already but all I can find is generic ones for Jeeps and other trucks, never any for the FJ. If I have to I'll break down and get the bushwackers but its really hard to justify paying that much for 4 pieces of plastic lol cheapest I've found is $325 on ebay

·
Registered
709 Posts
As far as I know, the ones on Ebay for $325-$350 are fake/knockoffs. I am also wondering the same thing or if anyone has any experience with the ebay knockoffs and how they compare to bushwackers.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh really? Well if that's the case I definitely don't wanna pay that much for fakes. Granted the real ones are about 150 more but fakes should be way less!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Wondered the same, saw some on eBay for $289 a set. That's over $215 cheaper than Bushwacker. The prices they charge are crazy for ABS plastic, fake bolts and rubber trim. I bought a set years ago for an old bronco that you actually has to cut and drill that where only $240 from Bushwacker. I think they are playing off popularity now. I bet they have $60 in a set of these "stick on flares". My wife's Jeep JK set came with metal brackets and actual stainless bolts to hold them on and they are somehow the same price as our stick-ons.

I'd like to know if anyone has run these ebay off-brands yet also.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ended up ordering some from ebay for $295 so I'll let everybody know how they work out! Getting the stock ones off is way more of a pain than anticipated too if you haven't tried haha

·
Registered
742 Posts
Wondered the same, saw some on eBay for $289 a set. That's over $215 cheaper than Bushwacker. The prices they charge are crazy for ABS plastic, fake bolts and rubber trim. I bought a set years ago for an old bronco that you actually has to cut and drill that where only $240 from Bushwacker. I think they are playing off popularity now. I bet they have $60 in a set of these "stick on flares". My wife's Jeep JK set came with metal brackets and actual stainless bolts to hold them on and they are somehow the same price as our stick-ons.

I'd like to know if anyone has run these ebay off-brands yet also.
We have the cut ones on our '74, '75, '76, '77 and early Broncos. They're fiberglass though originally put on in the 70's and 80's. Old school.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Does anyone know where to find some generic "bushwacker" style fender flares?? I've done alot of research already but all I can find is generic ones for Jeeps and other trucks, never any for the FJ. If I have to I'll break down and get the bushwackers but its really hard to justify paying that much for 4 pieces of plastic lol cheapest I've found is $325 on ebay

I bought mine and just installed a while back, they're solid man! Bought them for like $250 I believe off of ebay! Just keep looking and you'll find them

·
Registered
453 Posts
Right on! you got any pics? no issues with fitment?

Here ya go man! ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1411750595.072282.jpg And no figment issues at all unless you count them not fitting over the snorkel without being cut! Hahahaha but they were a easy and they're rock solid!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've only got one on so far but they look great! Just havent had time to take the stock front flares off yet. I'll post pics when I have them all on though. Very pleased so far :)

·
Registered
453 Posts
They look good, Did you have to drill into any visible parts that would mean I can't take them off without holes in my fenders?

Nope, they're all bolt on! BUT! If you take them off, there's a couple plastic pieces on the old flares that you have to cut to put them on, so you won't be able to put your old flares back on (in the front only I believe) without having some pieces that look kind of funny

·
Registered
154 Posts
Nope, they're all bolt on! BUT! If you take them off, there's a couple plastic pieces on the old flares that you have to cut to put them on, so you won't be able to put your old flares back on (in the front only I believe) without having some pieces that look kind of funny
Ok sweet so basically I have to cut the stock flare, but If i bought new stock flares it'd be fine anyways.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts