Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
I received mine. Not the textured, which I prefer non-textured anyway. Just opened the box tho and the paperwork says there is supposed to be 2 Fronts (2 pieces) - check, 2 Rears (4 pieces) - check, and 2 Front Flare Inner Pieces which aren't in the box. Are these needed? The flares look great to me! Identical to the expensive bushwackers we have on our mega cab. Installing them later today. If I need to know anything special, please chime in Jordan! Thank you.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Visual: #3 in the picture is what's missing.

Attachments

·
Registered
429 Posts
I received mine. Not the textured, which I prefer non-textured anyway. Just opened the box tho and the paperwork says there is supposed to be 2 Fronts (2 pieces) - check, 2 Rears (4 pieces) - check, and 2 Front Flare Inner Pieces which aren't in the box. Are these needed? The flares look great to me! Identical to the expensive bushwackers we have on our mega cab. Installing them later today. If I need to know anything special, please chime in Jordan! Thank you.
I received my Flairs yesterday. Same here, no "front flair inner pieces", so I'm assuming they are not important. We shall see, LOL

Product appears to be equivalent to BushWackers... I like texture so I'm applying Dupli-Color BED ARMOR, do it yourself truck bed liner onto my Flairs.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Cool! Maybe I'll change my mind and do that later. I've noticed the 3M trim isn't as thick as BW. I might take it off and redo that in the summer. Front ones going on in just a few.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I am having fitment issues around the headlights. It wants to sit on my ARB bumper and not flush around light area. Going to heat and try to mold around bumper.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I am having fitment issues around the headlights. It wants to sit on my ARB bumper and not flush around light area. Going to heat and try to mold around bumper.
Curious... Could you photo your figment issue? Thanks
I've got front and rear Expedition One bumpers, so I know I'll have to fit/cut at least the rear Flairs along with my front right flair on my snorkle...

·
Registered
429 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
My only fitment issue was it sat on my front ARB, I just heated it really hot with a heat gun in that area and then held it in place until it cooled off. Seemed to mold really well around it. I know you are going to have to cut a lot by your snorkel. They go up really high. Mine are all on and I love them!

·
Registered
170 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Cherokee, I don't think you'll have to cut the rears at all. Just guessing tho by looking at your rear bumper.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
429 Posts
Cherokee, I don't think you'll have to cut the rears at all. Just guessing tho by looking at your rear bumper.

jaymeys...

I assume that the missing (2 Front Flare Inner Pieces) that were mentioned in both your and my instructions were not needed to do the front fender install?

Your fender Flairs installed look nice...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sorry posted the wrong link: These are the a little different being the texture is no smooth like the ones you purchased Jordan.

Sandblast Blk Pocket Fender Flares Kit Wheel Cover 4P ES 07 14 Toyota FJ Cruiser | eBay

Okay, the flares just came in and it's a NO GO guys. do not buy this generic setup. The rear flares are missing the 2nd flare extension for the rear bumper. So the seller is sending me a return shipping label plus full refund. Bummer, but at least I'm getting my money back. They actually said its a different design and doesn't come with it. Umm, no and I want my refund pls.

@ jaymers looks like you scored a nice generic setup. Would you mind sharing the link?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Okay, the flares just came in and it's a NO GO guys. do not buy this generic setup. The rear flares are missing the 2nd flare extension for the rear bumper. So the seller is sending me a return shipping label plus full refund. Bummer, but at least I'm getting my money back. They actually said its a different design and doesn't come with it. Umm, no and I want my refund pls.

@ jaymers looks like you scored a nice generic setup. Would you mind sharing the link?
supermoto917...

jaymers and I purchased from this vendor, Sold by grille4you ( 119163 )

Look at this on eBay:
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=351149445362

Item number: 351149445362, $248.11

Fits 07-14 Toyota FJ Cruiser Pocket-Riveted Style Black Fender Flares 4pcs Set

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yes grille4you was the seller.

Fits 07 14 Toyota FJ Cruiser Pocket Riveted Style Black Fender Flares 4pcs Set | eBay

The flares I got are absolutely awesome. Only thing is the trim they came with is pretty thin & cheesy and some of mine is coming off after my first day of driving it. Of course I live in Montana and it's not exactly warm enough here for them to have adhered fully. I have a box of the Bushwacker brand on will-call at a local place here in town. That stuff is much better and the sticky strip is much thicker so it will stay on. The auction I bought from has ended but maybe they will be listing more. I love how you don't have to use the FJ little mud flaps anymore also. Sucks your seller didn't disclose the full details. Glad you're getting a refund. That's why I love eBay. Even if the seller isn't willing to give your money back, you always have paypal backing the buyers.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I've bought a few billet grills from that seller before and have always been very pleased with the quality of the items, I would hope that their fender flares are the same way

·
Registered
429 Posts
jaymeys....

Well, I've got at least one fender mounted tonight, the other three, with attempting a snorkle trim tomorrow. This fender product is a great product and my correspondence with the EBay Vendor has been pleasant and responsive.

After your comment that the supplied edge trim supplied was not sticking to the fender Flairs, I bought Cowles Custom Truck/SUV Edge Trim, (U Shape) from my local Auto Store. This Door Edge is very thick and grabbed onto the Flair edge very well, I do not believe this edging will come off in the cold or otherwise.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yours look great! I bought the Bushwacker C channel trim. Will put it on once it's warmer here. I'm really liking the look of yours with the spray you put on them. Do you treat them first? Mine have been exposed to dirt now but I'm definitely going to do that to mine in the spring. I'm very pleased with the flares also!

41 - 60 of 87 Posts