Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Generic Pocket Style Fender Flares??

60K views 86 replies 24 participants last post by  iGottaPee 
#1 ·
Does anyone know where to find some generic "bushwacker" style fender flares?? I've done alot of research already but all I can find is generic ones for Jeeps and other trucks, never any for the FJ. If I have to I'll break down and get the bushwackers but its really hard to justify paying that much for 4 pieces of plastic lol cheapest I've found is $325 on ebay

#50 ·
My only fitment issue was it sat on my front ARB, I just heated it really hot with a heat gun in that area and then held it in place until it cooled off. Seemed to mold really well around it. I know you are going to have to cut a lot by your snorkel. They go up really high. Mine are all on and I love them!

#52 ·
#53 ·
Cherokee, I don't think you'll have to cut the rears at all. Just guessing tho by looking at your rear bumper.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#54 ·
jaymeys...

I assume that the missing (2 Front Flare Inner Pieces) that were mentioned in both your and my instructions were not needed to do the front fender install?

Your fender Flairs installed look nice...

#57 ·
Yes grille4you was the seller.

Fits 07 14 Toyota FJ Cruiser Pocket Riveted Style Black Fender Flares 4pcs Set | eBay

The flares I got are absolutely awesome. Only thing is the trim they came with is pretty thin & cheesy and some of mine is coming off after my first day of driving it. Of course I live in Montana and it's not exactly warm enough here for them to have adhered fully. I have a box of the Bushwacker brand on will-call at a local place here in town. That stuff is much better and the sticky strip is much thicker so it will stay on. The auction I bought from has ended but maybe they will be listing more. I love how you don't have to use the FJ little mud flaps anymore also. Sucks your seller didn't disclose the full details. Glad you're getting a refund. That's why I love eBay. Even if the seller isn't willing to give your money back, you always have paypal backing the buyers.

#59 ·
jaymeys....

Well, I've got at least one fender mounted tonight, the other three, with attempting a snorkle trim tomorrow. This fender product is a great product and my correspondence with the EBay Vendor has been pleasant and responsive.

After your comment that the supplied edge trim supplied was not sticking to the fender Flairs, I bought Cowles Custom Truck/SUV Edge Trim, (U Shape) from my local Auto Store. This Door Edge is very thick and grabbed onto the Flair edge very well, I do not believe this edging will come off in the cold or otherwise.

#60 ·
Yours look great! I bought the Bushwacker C channel trim. Will put it on once it's warmer here. I'm really liking the look of yours with the spray you put on them. Do you treat them first? Mine have been exposed to dirt now but I'm definitely going to do that to mine in the spring. I'm very pleased with the flares also!

#61 ·
No I didn't treat them with an etcher or sanding, the truck-bed liner seems to be doing its job, I used two 16oz cans, time will tell. Quite frankly, it was cold and I was being lazy, LOL

IDEALLY, having them LINEX or RINO Lined would be ideal but I'm currently in NC and the local LINEX dealor wanted $350 to do all four Flairs... When I get back to TX, if I feel I need to re-do them, I know I can get them done for under $100 bucks... Things, fuel, etc are very, very expensive in Western NC

#64 ·
Wow, You guys all lucked out for picking it up from grille4you, super deal for sure. But grille4you doesn''t know when the next shipment is coming in and might be as long as 2 months. So I ended picking up the Bushwhackers and should end up costing $425 after the $50 rebate. oh well next mod.

#67 ·
these are the $250 textured ones i found on amazon... sprayed them with rattle can bedliner before i installed them... aside from a couple of missing hardware pieces (easily found anywhere) and had to do a little trimming here and there, no complaints, looks great, do the job. Had a hard time trying to justify $500 for name brand plastic.

Attachments

#68 ·
Does anyone have any pics off the stock removals and fender flare install. I bought a cheap fender flare set on eBay for about $300, the body shops Ive taken it to quote me about $150 - $200 for install but then give my the run around about putting them on. Ive had them for 2 months in the box and what to attempt to put them on.

#70 ·
does anyone know anything about the 6 piece fender flares on ebay?? i was thinkin that they are the same as the 4 piece sets yall bought, because i think the 5th, and 6th piece refers to the part of the flare that covers the bumper. please let me know what yall think after looking at this link... they show two corner pieces in the picture. thanks

Black Pocket Style Fender Flares Kit Wheel Cover 6pc 2007 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser | eBay

#72 ·
Exactly what I'm thinking.. It looks as if it's referring to the small parts on the rear that go around the rear bumper right? Does anyone have any experience with these 6pc listings on eBay? After searching I don't see any 4pc that have not "ended"..

#74 · (Edited)
I got my generic fenders from eBay today for Christmas. They seem to be perfect replicas. All 6 pieces, instructions are identical to bushwackers, has the U shaped edging trim with the sticky side, all the bolts, and even the inner pieces (which I was surprised since others said they didn't receive them). Mine was a total of $210 from the seller "Champs_Club". So far it's looking perfect!

#76 ·
Me 2.

To add to the discussion... When I look into the details on the 6 piece the description says "some drilling and some CUTTING required.

I do not see either of those on any of the four piece sets. Also looks like some of the four piece sets install WITHOUT removing the original flares.

And... What needs to be "cut" on the 6 piece sets? I'm not necessarily opposed to doing some drilling or cutting but would like to know what I'm getting into before I order.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.