Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
One of the longest parts of the build, had a long list as I decided to combine few mods.
Some were new, some were changes of existing ones. For most of them I had to work on same areas, so I wanted to get it done in one day.

The plan was :
1 - Disassemble US off-road winch mount and winch
2 - Separate winch control unit and installed it on the fuse box (replacing wireless controller due to malfunction)
3 - Disassemble the air compressor mounted next to the firewall on the passenger side (and later on instal ARB in the back of the rig)
4 - Relocate emission pump (expedition one kit) to next to firewall on the passenger side
5 - Relocate washer fluid reservoir (expedition one kit) up into the hood away from the new bumper
6 - Replace snorkel (as the fender was half way off) with the wide one for more airflow
7 - Installing few small goodies like ARB fog lights, LED front light bar, splicer on the synthetic rope, etc...

I started it at around 9:00 am and was done sometime after 3:00 am the next day.
18 hours of pure pleasure!!!

Pictures:

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Reactions: 2010effjaycrewsir

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Very nice all around. I really like that drawer system. Why buy it if you can build it.

Thank you! Fully agree!! Save money and have fun at the same time :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: FatJohnson

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Installed the front disconnecting sway bars and rear 1" longer ones.
So far haven't notice any difference as expected when they are connected.
Planning to go wheeling this weekend so will put it in test on few rocky trails.
Updates to come!

Few pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
After adding few mods (build thread list updated) I think it's time for updated pictures.
This is from our last overland trip with MSO team in WV.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Great build - saw it in person this weekend at Vt Overland Rally!! Was awesome to meet another Forum member and FJ fanatic - looking forward to wheeling with you guys! :rocker:
Thanks!! Absolutely loved your build! We are definitely going to wheel together!:smile

Reactions: debFJVT

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Saw this build on youtube and always wondered if you had a build thread here. Glad I found this. Nice rig!

How do you like the Yukon gears? Any humming? Issues?
Thanks mate!

I was a little worried before gong with Yukons as the majority goes with Nitro and ECGS. Got a good price for parts and labor with local shop and decided to go with it. Very happy, no issues so far.
As for the noise, I feel like it's a bit louder compering to the stock ones but my tires are louder anyways so I am fine with it.
Hope that helps.

Reactions: iLuveKetchup

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just realized that you can no longer edit the old posts :( Had few updates recently so posting the updates below!

Under the Hood:
Self made electrical panel for 5 relays

Accessories/Interior:
Panavise phone mount x2 with ram mount and self-made aluminum bar
Vision X CG2 Lights 2x40w (front)
Extreme LED Lights (rear, separated from reverse lights)
Self-made drawer system with stove slide

Exterior:
Altered propane tank mount
Alu-Cab 270 awning

Recovery:
Warn Zeon 10s winch with self added remote

Pics to follow!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts