Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that geometry usually changes with lifting or lowering a vehicle for that matter. I've been doing a lot of reading with all the suspensions out there and RevTek claims to keep within factory geometry spec.

If going to a Toytec Ultimate or OME lift, will it still be within factory spec based off 3" lift? What is the threshold of going outside of spec, 3+ inches?

·
Registered
143 Posts
what happens with strut spacers above the strut is that it maintains the oem ride quality. also a true 3" lift requires you to get UCAs to maintain the correct alignment. some have had issues with alignment and some have not but UCAs are still recommended. I currently have Topgun Customz lift to install just havent gotten to it. It is a strut spacer lift that is supposed to maintain stock ride quality. to answer your lift question it all depends on your goals. Both lifts you mention are very good but ride qualities are each different from each other and from stock (prolly better than stock).

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
So, if I go with a Ultimate lift or OME, I would also need UCA? If I don't go with UCA, I know the caster will be off, but long-term what else will be effected?

Those people running Ultimate and OME, have all of you replaced your UCA?

Also, if you keep the ultimate kit at 2" and the OME without top plate 2", how much is the rake up front? Is it noticeable? This may be a way to avoid UCA, but I want the truck to be level.

·
Registered
143 Posts
you would have to so some searching for those answers. plenty of people have used both lifts, but pretty much ucas just allow for the correct specs on alignment. if not your tires may wear incorrectly causing issues. it can be done but not recommended for long term if you can get them now. plus they are much stronger than the stock and will take a better beating aswell as articulation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts