Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
JammerGirl and I will be geting there ~7:30 tomorrow (Sunday) morning (the 16th).

Anyone else planning on it....wana make it a get-together?

<< Our Gang Ice Racing // Georgetown, CO >>

We will also be going back for another time this winter season. So, if you can't make it out there tomorrow, let's get our calendars out and try to make it an FJ event. :)

·
Forum Detective
2,273 Posts
I would be interested. I wanted to go last year but couldn't make it work with my schedule. I would like to run with my normal tires so that would rule out any of the studded or comp classes. Some street stock class with others newb's would be preferred. It looks like they have a street stock bare rubber on Jan 30th, and Feb 20th coming up. Sounds like fun.

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, that's exactly what I'm thinking.....and they have the stock/newbs run this Sunday.

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
We had such a blast last year doing this.

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like a good time. Can't make it this Sun, have to work but maybe later in the season.
This weekend is a little short notice for me.
Ya, I know what you guys mean....I wish I had been on the ball earlier, but just thought of it today, and decided to check into it.

The next event for us (stock/bare rubber) will be on Sunday, Jan. 30. Maybe we can plan a thing that day? (schedule here)

We had such a blast last year doing this.
So, do you guys go out for this every time, or haven't you been this year yet?

Any chance on hooking up this time, or wana try for the 30th?

Of course, in any case, whenever we do get out there for this, we'll stop by your shop to say hi, and maybe do a little shopping.

....speaking of shopping, did Bill get the guys' stuff rockin upstairs yet?

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright, we're doing this thing. :rocker:

We'll be leaving from home around 6:00 to get there by 7:30 (they said get there as early as you can to get a good spot in line).

We will also go later in the season so we can get together with others that can't go this time, but I really want to just get out there and do this now.

Of course, it would be better to have my first time on the ice in years be a fun day, but we missed the early one. So, hopefully a little 'practice' before race time will be enough.

....oh, I'm not actually thinking I'll even place at all tomorrow, but just going through with it for the fun of it anyway.

Anyone else gonna meet us for this event?

·
Registered
717 Posts
Have fun, take pics.

work and school...school and work is going to keep me out.

Mike

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have fun, take pics.

work and school...school and work is going to keep me out.

Mike
Yep. Hopefully, I can talk JammerGirl into riding shotgun (which is legal for these races) and recording video of this thing too.....we'll see.

I would be there if I wasn't working, this ice racing sounds like it could be a good time. Have fun, let us know how it is, looking forward to hearing what you think of it.
Oh....even though we haven't been there for it yet, I know that it is definitely a good time.

Whether or not we're hoping to 'win' is something completely different (which we're not), but it will certainly be a lot of fun, regardless. :)

Indeed...I will try to document what the track is (s/are; there are 4 different tracks and they don't announce which one we're on till race time) like.

Of course, the only ice action I've had in the FJC is whenever the conditions require it while on the road so far (haven't found a time to get out on a lake here in Colorado yet), but at least I try to take advantage of the occasional icy parking lot or deserted roadway for 'practice'.

I'm pretty sure I'll be well behind place last, but who knows? I'm a good driver (woohoo! time for the anti-ocr14aers to take off on that quote). So, we'll see.

Hopefully you guys can make it out to another event this season.

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
final :bump: :)

heading out the door now to grab some cash on our way to the ice.
see you there if you're going.

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow! What a blast!!

Here's the link to my page about the day with photos (videos coming later this week).

We're both really looking forward to getting back there sometime this season.

I will start a thread for it sometime soon, and we can all try to figure out a weekend that will work for most of those that want to go.

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Love the write up! ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
nascar driving experience
Don't forget to take Richard Petty Driving Experience home with our RPDE signature t-shirts, polo shirts, hats and other memorial reminder products. Other add-ons include our Race Keeper in-car video packages, state-of-the-art digital photography and photo plaques.
I did the Drive a race car racing school, it was great.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts