Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Deal advice ***Certified FJ ****

I'm in the market for fj and I found two FJ certified vechicles.

1) 4x4/ auto/ 6000 miles on / UR/ CQ/ A-TRAC/ REAR DIFF - $19,999

2) 4x4 /Manual / 4000 miles on / UR/ CQ/ roof rack /tow hitch/ A-TRAC/ REAR DIFF- $21977

last week, i found similar FJ like first one, was about to get it and it was sold really quick.
Actually, did not mean to get stick shift, but it was fun - bad part is that i live los angeles and work as a sales rep - i need to visit many customers.

what do you think about getting Certified one? and what are you think about price for those 2 FJ?
I do not have experience with CPO, but it seems like good deals.

need help ASAP...i really like to get it today...^^

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Seems like the prices are in the ballpark, to me. 4 or 6000 miles is nothing, like brand new IMO. No matter what FJ you pick you will not be dissapointed, there both FJ's. I have 22000 miles on mine & I think it's still breaking in. Pick one & start modding. Good luck & welcome to this forum, you will find ton's of information here.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
As an owner of a MT I would say unless you have your heart set on it go for the Auto. You live in LA it is going to be your daily driver, do you need AWD?

If you are looking to have a hitch and roof rack then it might be worth the extra money.

Don't get the wrong impression I love my manual and would not go to an auto. Just my 2 cent.

As far as CPO I have no idea, if it comes with a warranty never dealt with that before.

Either way good luck and welcome...:cheers:

·
Banned
2,984 Posts
Then again, you could get a roof rack and hitch cheaper on the forums here than if you bought them with the rig....get which ever you want. I work in LA County, and my FJ is a daily driver. I have an auto trans, and love it. The auto actually gets a little better gas mileage too.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for your help..

Today i bought used but looks like new 2007 FJ AUTO 4x4.
When i visit the dealership, first one was 4x2 and they had another blue fj priced $21997.
I paid $21300& tax and fee and i think it had 8700 miles on.

I checked installed option - it had CQ FE UR and
Exhaust tip / Auxiliary driving lights - bumper /
Spare tire cover / Towing hitch and wire harness/ Armrest [9] (EL)
Garmin GPS(auxiliary box)

I think it was good deal and I'm already fell in love with my FJ.

P.S. The dealer told me that it does not comes with wireless remote control.
can i get it from toyota service dept? or is it cheaper to get after market product?

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Congrats on the purchase.....I am sure you will becoem addicted to the foolish thing as much as the rest of us.....

What color did ya get anyway??? What will your first mod be???? Let me guess....hmmmm....K&N or new headlights??? You will see the stock headlights are not very good.....Silver Stars or PIAA's are the product of choice around here.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all of you.

I bought Voodoo blue color and my first mods will be CAI.

If there anyone looking for good used CPO in So Cal,
there is one 4x2 FJ at carson toyota - $19,xxx and another one is priced $21,999 at mossy toyota in san diego( i was about to get this Manual blue FJ)

I was really worried about getting used car but i think that i made right decision...thanks all of you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts