Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am getting home in a little over 2 weeks for some R&R. Anyone interested in getting together for a trail run near the springs? I won't know which trail we will be hitting until the date gets closer. Most likely it will be trail 379 or rainbow falls. If there are any runs getting together up north I will try to make it out there. But for now I am planning a date around the 26th. Just post up if you are interested, and I will keep you up to date.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
if i dont get scheduled to work that weekend i will, i have friday off so i could do it that day. Also im a novice when it comes to offroading except on a dirtbike, but would anyone care if i had my friend in his jeep tag along or is it fj only?

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Offroad94- Its not a problem if you haven't been out much. The only hard part about the trails we can run right now is the snow usually. but we will have a winch and other recovery gear. I usually don't restrict the runs I get together to just FJ's. I usually have jeep buddy's tag along. The more the better. If it works out that you can't get out on the weekend and I can get the time, I would be willing to do a short run on friday.

Thanks Mike. look forward to it. And I think that if I can get those arms painted orange I will take them.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ah, I wish I could make it. I received a call Monday of this week saying I ship out next Monday for training. Have fun.

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Rainbow falls sounds good..... maybe I can get in a little hunting while we're out that way too. :rocker:

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
To be sure, when you say 'Rainbow Falls', you're generally talking about Illinois and Missouri Gulches, right?

By the way, I have Friday, the 25th off from work. So, if that day could work out for you and the majority of others going out with you this time home, I could actually do it this time.

Otherwise, either Sat. or Sun. would be fine too.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I'm out of school and shouldn't have homework...

So if i can get out there I will

Welcome back!!!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Got a few "fix it" type things to do to the FJ, if they are done by then, you can count me in.

·
Registered
69 Posts
If we can do it Friday, I would be available... otherwise I will be lounging on a beach in Maui for that following week.

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
If anyone's interested in a night run, we'll be hitting up the Rainbow falls area (ish) on the evening of the 26th. I haven't announced it yet but I will be doing so tomorrow. Just another option :) Maybe make a FULL day of runs!

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
If anyone's interested in a night run, we'll be hitting up the Rainbow falls area (ish) on the evening of the 26th. I haven't announced it yet but I will be doing so tomorrow. Just another option :) Maybe make a FULL day of runs!
ooo, a night run there? Sounds cool.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sounds fun, if at all possible I will be there. Have not go to do any night runs and it will be good to test out all the new lights.

OCR: Yea, rainbow falls is Illinois or Missouri gulch. Not a hard trail but can be fun when you play around on Moab hill

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
anyone been near westcliffe colorado for some trail runs? I lived there a few months ago, we should plan a little weekend trip and hit the are there, some trails lead all the way to the sand dunes.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
anyone been near westcliffe colorado for some trail runs? I lived there a few months ago, we should plan a little weekend trip and hit the are there, some trails lead all the way to the sand dunes.
My wife actually went to westcliff and cotopaxi for school. We go out there about once a month
Looking like I am going to be in Moab the weekend of the 26th. If anything changes I'll let you know.
sounds fun Mike. I may do some runs in the week before, if you can get away

1 - 20 of 67 Posts