Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Actually as I'm writing this my FJ is in the hands of Fieldston Automotive Bronx, NY.. This shop comes highly recommended and I look forward to having a fresh chop so my 285/70 MTZs won't rub anymore! I'll post pix in the next couple days:rocker:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Cool bean. A little off the side or a lot off the end?

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Actually as I'm writing this my FJ is in the hands of Fieldston Automotive Bronx, NY.. This shop comes highly recommended and I look forward to having a fresh chop so my 285/70 MTZs won't rub anymore! I'll post pix in the next couple days:rocker:
Are you running a stock set up or has the suspension been tweaked?

·
Registered
166 Posts
We definately need pictures once the deed is done!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you running a stock set up or has the suspension been tweaked?
as of right now im all stock.. and no tweakage.. Before the chop, my 285 MTZs rubbed slightly on turns and pretty bad if i was turning up even the slightest incline, like my driveway. Plus, everytime I drove a few miles I would get out and smell rubber! :rawr:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If any one needs info on where I got this done.. just send me a PM.

Fieldston Automotive Bronx, NY

Its not easy to find places in our area that know what they are doing.. these guys are great! Thanks to NiceguySanti for hooking me up with this garage:cheers:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does this hurt the warranty at all? Thanks for the PICS and thread..
To be honest.. I dont know. I don't think so, but what a gathered from the research I did, was that IF its done correctly, it will most likely, not be noticed. So, we'll see.. but I don't plan on telling them either way:ninja:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Looks Good Chris!

I can't see how chopping off what is considered to be the FJ's "appendix" will affect any warranty. What is chopped is not the mount but a shroud that goes around the mount. The actual mount is left intact.

These guys have done a boatload of chops (I'm guessing close to twenty) for the FJNE crew, they know what they are doing. Here is a thread in our forum -

http://www.fjnortheasters.org/index.php/topic,1562.75.html

1 - 14 of 14 Posts