Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perhaps you have an out of warranty vehicle, perhaps the work you want done is not even covered under warranty anyways.

I found this little handy site:

RepairPal

It is basically mechanics in your area that can work on the type of vehicle you have, and at a price you like.

There is a review process and feedback areas.

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
Thanks for sharing!

cheers,

dale

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Nice site, I like that.. The estimate feature is cool.. I'm not too sure about the rating system. It seems that almost every shop in town is listed with a five star rating. I'll research this a little; it's a good concept.. Thanks Ron

Perhaps you have an out of warranty vehicle, perhaps the work you want done is not even covered under warranty anyways.

I found this little handy site:

RepairPal

It is basically mechanics in your area that can work on the type of vehicle you have, and at a price you like.

There is a review process and feedback areas.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
I finally found a competent dealer in NW ohio. Thayer Toyota in Bowling Green does good work. I have to drive a half hour to get there... and there in a dealer less than five miles from my house. Be very cautious about dealer service departments... I had to pay thousands to fix the damage they did to my FJ at Jim White in Toledo. Just choose carefully.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
THe first one listed for my zip code is a lawn equipment dealer:)

The others listed are so-so, at least non of them were rated...

·
Banned
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Logansky said:
I checked for my zip code. Half the shops listed have VERY, VERY BAD local reputations. Some of the better ones in my area are not even listed.

Logansky

I guess like other user driven content.. it is the chicken before the egg.

You cant have reviews without location, and users, and users wont use the review without locations.

At least it is a start and the only website of its type I have found. Please post up other national type locators.

Sure beats the heck out of risking the Craig's list or local newspaper ads, or driving down the street and finding one.

It is simply word of mouth on a bigger scale.

You dont see your favorite offroad shop, why not add it and rank it.

just my .000002 worth; and NOT affiliated with said website.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.